[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Kim You will not be giving up on mum by arranging for her to go back to live in a care home. I feel that I would have done exactly as you have done, if my mother had no one near by to visit her. And then, it's only when your mum did come to live with you and circumstances changes, then life becam...
Hello Walid and welcome to the forum Has the ward staff given a proposed date of discharge yet? Are they maybe waiting for tests results to be back and input of community occupational therapist or physiotherapist or a hospital bed to be in place or other adaptations if your aunt needs them? If your ...
Hello Ann I have just seen your post and dipped in just before I am going out with my granddaughter. Do have any family around to help and give you a break? But of course, you probably won't want to rely on them for a regular break and it may not be possible. The ideal is for respite for your husban...
How mobile is your mother? My mother has worn incontinence pads for many years now. As time has gone on, the last 3 years, she has become less mobile. I would change her pad 5 times a day and I would wash her bottom afterwards with plain water. The care workers would use baby wipes. It was rare that...
I definitely did notice national awareness of mental health week was on. In my place of work, at a college, there were different stands and activities going on all week. Different professional people were there to ask questions also and leaflets available. On TV I watched a programme about sports pe...
Hi In my area of Denbighshire, we can register ourselves as a carer and receive a card with our Caree's details on it. I don't know what other authorities do, but I am sure if other authorities don't do on, you could make a card yourself and put it in your wallet or purse, in case you had an acciden...
Hi mick and welcome to the Forum. Your post reminds me alot of when my grown up children came back home. One of our children, now in her thirties, suffers from mental health problems and she always blamed me more often than her dad. He did alot more for her when she demanded. The best thing for us w...
I so totally agree with all that you have said in your post Jenny. If it were my mother in law that needed care, I know I couldn't do it, but I would oversee her care as you have done. (she passed away 5 years ago, age 92, living independently with my father in law) I have looked after my (now age 9...
Also The Rowan Organisation helped me find a care worker for my mother. Although Mum was self funding, Denbighshire county council paid the fees for advertising for a PA through the Rowan org andfirst year of insurance. I had my own manager from the organisation come out to discuss my needs for a ca...
Hi Pam I do so feel for you. It sounds like your mother is a bit selfish and of course it happens to many elderly people. Do you live with with your mother? What if you said to her that you are now going to live your own life if she chooses not to have care workers in? You are entitled to your own l...