[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you all for your input of advice and support. My mother has recovered from the bronchitis but she has lost a great deal of weight. She is now eating and drinking small amounts and the manager is keeping a check on intake. Mum hardly gets out of bed as her legs give way, but once a week the sta...
Welcome to the forum Jmeredith What a dilemma for you all. Your parents shouldn't be living and coping with the situation that they are now in. And your Uncle may need nursing input very soon. You and your sister and brother need a plan of action and it's not fair of your parents to not let you help...
Thank you Maxwell, Bowlingbun and Jenny. Maxwell, the Doctor's surgery always ask the nurse practitioner to examine the care home residents, they can prescribe medication and will only call a Dr out if they are not happy in their diagnosis and treatment themselves. The nurse practitioner has said fo...
Hi Lois Welcome to the forum. I so understand your dilemma after going to visit my mother in her home for a few years as she developed one problem after another and I had to overcome her resistance to outside help, which she eventually accepted. You will get great support and advice here. I have whe...
Hi My 90 year old mother went into a care home in September, just 10 mins drive away from me after living with me for the last 3 years. After going there for respite twice, after a talk with her social worker, she decided she wanted to stay there for the rest of her days. She said she knew I was get...
Hi and welcome Peter I am prone to depression myself a bit. I have been a carer to my mother for many years and now visit her in her care home. My life is less busy in some ways and when everything is quiet at home, I am inclined to feel more low in mood. I am lucky to go to work 2 days a week and b...
Hi Vanessa I live in north Wales and my local hospital comes under the Betsi Cadwaladr trust and they have recently recognised and set up a Carers reference group, as it had been shown that Carers have not been listened to. Alot of nurses and other staff have been asked to attend extra training to l...
Following on from What Jenny has suggested, I wonder if the nursing home has any visiting physiotherapy or and occupational therapist. If the nursing home doesn't, would it be worth suggesting this to the manager or else you can phone social services yourself and ask their opinion. (But I think you ...
Hi Katy 2 answers here. Maybe you could try more softer food or liquidised food for your mother? And for the problem of needing to lift your mother more frequently, I would ask Social services to do another assessment in order for you to have more frequent visits of the care workers in order to stan...
You should also have a named community nurse for your mother, it is she/he who writes up the care plan and she can thoroughly reassess and may decide to go back to not changing the dressing so frequently. She is likely to be a qualified nurse. This is what happened when my mother needed dressings fo...