[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Michelle and welcome to the forum. I am baby sitting at the moment so cannot reply properly just now. I am sure you will get more responses soon. I am a Carer for my mother and have a daughter in her thirties who suffers from Bi polar and personality disorder. This is a great site to get support....
Thanks for your replies Mrs A and Gillian.

I will speak to the care home manager and have a chat with her about my concerns, which will be Monday now when she is back in.
I and my husband also did ours within about half an hour on line and then got it registered straight away. All required areas signed. Sent off, back within 4-6 weeks. Copies given to each other (and to sons) and kept in a drawer ready for when it may be required in the future. Which may be tomorrow ...
bowlingbun, thanks for your reply. Mum had a continuing healthcare assessment from the community nurse 2 weeks ago and the nurse decided that mum did not qualify and that if her health deteriorated she felt that mum should stay in the care home with increased visits from the community nurses, which ...
Thanks Jessie04 for your reply. Yes, I did wonder if Mum should be having an air mattress when she started staying in bed, but the community nurse who was called in by the care home manager said that as the manager reported Mum's pressure areas as being very good - 2 weeks ago, then she didn't need ...
Hi My 90 year old Mum has been in a residential care home since end of August 2016. Mum lived with me for 3 years up to then. Her health is failing gradually. She has previously had a stroke 7 years ago, has heart failure and rheumatoid arthritis, Osteo and osteoporosis. Incontinent. She no longer g...
Thanks for replying Elaine. Yes, it could be that the slings themselves that are too uncomfortable. I was quite upset today as both mum's meat and veg dinner and pudding were still on Mum's table at 3pm. Mum was fast asleep only slightly sat up, knife, fork and spoon were under her bed covers which ...
My brother did a 'Power of Attorney' for my mother about 2 years ago and I am the replacement if anything happens to him. For some reason he only did it for finance not health, I didn't realise this at the time as I only followed his instructions. But My husband and I (both of us are age 66) decided...
Ok, thanks. I was wondering about asking to move her chair into her bedroom too. I shall suggest this when I go in today. The only thing is, Mum has been refusing the hoist, she hates it, she shouts to the staff 'NO' and won't co operate/allow them to put the straps on. But maybe if she realises it'...
Yes, BB, Mum's recliner is in the sitting room area still. 2 days ago the manager said they could stand mum up to take her in wheelchair to the sitting room but later when they brought her back to the bedroom the staff couldn't get mum to stand, she refused. She refused hoist etc eventually it took ...