<t>Amy - Mum had shingles in November 1997, so she'd have been about 75 at the time. The pain in its worst form lasted around three weeks to a month. What was really unfortunate was that whilst she had shingles she had at least one TIA (mini stroke) which was masked by the shingles and therefore she...
<t>Of course its a rip-off, as are parking charges for people who have to attend hospital either as a patient or a visitor. But then the whole NHS is a waste of time and money.<br/> <br/> One of the biggest propoganda coups ever pulled off was the British government getting the people of this fair i...
<t>Ruth, please don't apologise for rambling - I think we all need somewhere to do that from time to time. I for one appreciate your taking the time to explain more about your daughter's condition, since I was completely ignorant of it. Not that knowing makes me anymore able to help, but it might me...
<t>Tony - I agree completely that our money is wasted by the government. The problem is that too many people are under the delusion that we live in a democracy whilst in fact we live in a fascist dictatorship. Once you realise that you will realise that there is nothing you can do which will make an...
<t>Here in Tynedale my care manager tells me the only day care centre isn't open on a Wednesday and only has vacancies at weekends anyway. Also the amount of home care available has been cut and the price has gone up way above inflation because the amount budgeted for it in council tax has been redu...
This is so sad. That is a completely inadequate thing to say, I know, but it just makes me want to cry. How anyone can feel anything but contempt for Bliar and his self delusional ramblings I don't know, but apparently there are still some boneheaded idiots out there who think he's been good for thi...
Lola, you aren't seriously going to leave it there are you Image Image Image Image
Now that might be a way to get their attention, Charles . . .
In other words you get - I was going to be rude there but I've just stopped myself. I'll start again.

In other words you get nothing when you're a carer and nothing when you stop being a carer, but you save the government thousands if not tens of thousands of pounds.
Thanks Matt. I'll check it out.

And thanks to you, of course, Maryann.

Rosemary, if you read this, Hi!