[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Yes, the surgery should be able to accept your husband's wishes. It will probably need to be in writing, signed by your husband stating that he wants you to be allowed to act on his behalf on all medical matters including results, appointments, prescriptions etc. If this doesn't work then contact...
<t>Just yesterday as I was passing some council sheltered housing I noticed a gentleman leaning at an open window watching the world go by. This is on quite a busy road with plenty of traffic & footfall. It occurred to me then that this was his window on the world & what a good idea it was.<...
<t>Strangely, we got my husband's chair from Amazon. It is a nice lightweight chair & comes with cushion & padded back. I lift it in & out of the car regularly & find it quite easy.<br/> <br/> There are quite a few lightweight ones on Amazon & we found it considerably cheaper tha...
Sorry - I misunderstood Sussex Roxx - I thought you were saying that the carers allowance was the qualifying benefit which i had never heard before. I did know about the low income, income support etc which are qualifying benefits for the free prescription charges.
"Carers who are in receipt of Carers Allowance are exempted from prescription charges, but if you don't receive it then unfortunately, no exemption." - SussexRokx

I never knew this -can you point me towards the web page with this on please!!!
<t>My OH stays up a couple of hours after me interacting on the internet or watching films that aren't to my taste. He can get himself upstairs on the stairlift so just wakes me when he gets to the bedroom. I then get up & help him get undressed etc & then go back to bed.<br/> <br/> It isn't...
If you are on income related ESA you should be able to get the money for your fares to hospital back. Next time you go take your proof of benefit & your husband's appointment card to the reception of the hospital & ask them about it. Hospitals generally have a particular office that you go to in ord...
Hi Diane -

I am in my 40s and care for my physically disabled husband who has a form of Muscular dystrophy. I also have a son with high functioning autism.

I would love to chat with you - please feel free to private message me.

Regards

Debra
We have just come back from a few days away & wanted to share with you an excellent B&B we stayed at. It is the most disabled friendly place we have ever stayed at! It is in Somerset in a tiny place called Godney near Glastonbury & Wells. http://www.bed-breakfast-glastonbury.co ... _gate_farm We sta...
PS - forgot to mention that my husband was only 45 when he got his.