[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I know in this area you can self refer for CBT. Yes there is a waiting list but at least you can get it underway without having to rely on a GP who doesn't understand. Why not give Rethink a call - http://www.rethink.org/ I am sure they will be able to give you advice on CBT availability in your are...
To give my local Carers group their due, they do have a pot of money which will pay for a sitter to enable carers to get out to the carers group or other care related activities eg a first aid course. This isn't relevent for me but it may be worth others asking if such a thing is available for them....
We have a Skoda Roomster - in fact we are on our second as we liked the first so much. There is plenty of room in the boot for the chair lying down or (as I always do) strapped to the back of the back seats using a couple of bungees. The back seats roll over very quickly & simply to provide a lot mo...
There is Haynes motor museum which is probably a half day outing but helpful if it rains. Longleat is not cheap but a wonderful day out. There is a Diggerland down that way somewhere - I don't recall exactly where but we went for the day once when near Yeovil. The Yeovilton air museum. The Wookey Ho...
We were down in the New Forest for a few days & went into Southampton to collect our nephew to take him out for dinner. I was at university there (as is he) and we lived there until 2001. It was a complete & utter nightmare - the traffic! I can't imagine having to plough through all that traffic on ...
Yes, it is terrible but if you read carefully they were offered accomodation by the council & help from other agencies and have declined.
The mess appears to be to do with their banking & accessing their pension - there is no mention of benefits being cut.
<t>Gary has made a significant point - you are not legally allowed to use the car for your own purposes. You can use it to give her lifts and to do things for her - taking her son to school, getting the shopping etc. However if you wanted to go to visit a friend in another town, for example, on your...
Are you able to take your Mum with you? Not ideal I know but sometimes when faced with the realities these jobsworths change their tune.

A friend took all 3 of her ADHD children with her to an appeal for DLA for the eldest. They couldn't give it to her fast enough.
<t>Definitely do it.<br/> <br/> I went on a free Red Cross one last year & it was very down to earth full of sensible & practical things rather than strict rules over timings etc. It was particularly helpful when we were told that it was ok if we were unsure - for example if someone was coll...
<t>In reply to Koala's excellent idea why not buy a couple of the individual cool bags rather than lunchboxes. Slip everything in there ready for a meal with an ice pack as necessary. That way individual trifles, pies for microwaving etc can be kept cool but without any hitches of not being able to ...