[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I recently had our front garden paved & it looks wonderful. No more grass cutting - just a bit of trimming of the low hedge & couple of roses a couple of times a year. A great weight off my mind. Mind you it wasn't exactly accessible - when the council built my husband's ramp for the front door last...
Ridiculous parking - lots of people with disabilities have van type transport, especially those who drive from the wheelchair. Add into that people from residential accomodation where they often have an adapted minibus for transport & there is a large group of people unable to use that disabled park...
My husband is in his 50s & also has MD & some anxiety issues. He is now at a point that he is unable to go out alone due to his MD but is quite happy to be left alone at home. A lot of his anxiety centres around suitable toilets & falling - he is unable to get up with considerable help. I can unders...
I know in this area you can self refer for CBT. Yes there is a waiting list but at least you can get it underway without having to rely on a GP who doesn't understand. Why not give Rethink a call - http://www.rethink.org/ I am sure they will be able to give you advice on CBT availability in your are...
To give my local Carers group their due, they do have a pot of money which will pay for a sitter to enable carers to get out to the carers group or other care related activities eg a first aid course. This isn't relevent for me but it may be worth others asking if such a thing is available for them....
We have a Skoda Roomster - in fact we are on our second as we liked the first so much. There is plenty of room in the boot for the chair lying down or (as I always do) strapped to the back of the back seats using a couple of bungees. The back seats roll over very quickly & simply to provide a lot mo...
There is Haynes motor museum which is probably a half day outing but helpful if it rains. Longleat is not cheap but a wonderful day out. There is a Diggerland down that way somewhere - I don't recall exactly where but we went for the day once when near Yeovil. The Yeovilton air museum. The Wookey Ho...
We were down in the New Forest for a few days & went into Southampton to collect our nephew to take him out for dinner. I was at university there (as is he) and we lived there until 2001. It was a complete & utter nightmare - the traffic! I can't imagine having to plough through all that traffic on ...
Yes, it is terrible but if you read carefully they were offered accomodation by the council & help from other agencies and have declined.
The mess appears to be to do with their banking & accessing their pension - there is no mention of benefits being cut.
<t>Gary has made a significant point - you are not legally allowed to use the car for your own purposes. You can use it to give her lifts and to do things for her - taking her son to school, getting the shopping etc. However if you wanted to go to visit a friend in another town, for example, on your...