[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I am glad that I am not alone in that, jenny!
Thank you for posting this. Finding a suitable disabled toilet can be a nightmare. Some of them aren't big enough to get a wheelchair in or if they are then it is all very cosy. For people who need to transfer from a wheelchair many disabled toilets don't have enough room next to them for a wheelcha...
I don't know if you have found the Chill4us site - http://chill4uscarers.co.uk/

It is based in Norfolk but there are a lot of people on there from surrounding areas including Suffolk. They may be able to a Carers point of view from Beccles & surrounding areas.
Why not contact your university accomodation department? They usually have lists of landlords or houses which accept students & so are used to the income/guarantor problems. Alternatively the local council housing department for the area that you are moving to may be able to give you lists of recomm...
I also care for my husband who has a deteriorating condition. I did know before we married but it is still horrendous watching him deteriorate. There are different emotions & challenges for each type of caring - for a parent, a child, a partner. We find the most important thing is keeping our relati...
Morning Chris I also have a teenage son with Asperger's and puberty has been incredibly difficult. I also care for my physically disabled husband and long distance for my parents & MIL. Getting pulled in all directions with no support is very difficult. To get help in relation to your son may I sugg...
I am sorry to hear that Rob is back in hospital again. I hope that he recovers quickly. We have terrible problems getting blood out of hubby with congenital MD as he has contractures & can't straighten his arm. Every time he tells them he can't straighten his arm, every time he tells them they won't...
Pacing & planning life is absolutely vital. I try to make sure that hubby doesn't have 2 largish events on consecutive days so he has time to recover. If he has band practice on a friday night then I leave him to lie in a bit on friday & saturday mornings & try not to book other events for during th...
That is gerat news, Eun - I hope that he continues to recover well.
My thoughts will be with you, your husband & Rob. A very scary & difficult time.
Best wishes to you all.