[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Sajehar - Have you had dad's urine tested for UTI? First time hubby had UTI I could not believe how badly it affected him - total confusion and unable even to walk. It affects people in many different ways and the sooner they get started on antibiotic the better. OH has dementia - I hope and pray th...
When I was having chemo treatment I was told that it is vitally important not to come in contact with anyone who has, or has recently had, chickenpox or shingles in order to avoid serious reaction with chemo meds. Sorry I do not have anything to add to the replies you have received, except to say th...
Hahaha Penny - this morning I was chatting to someone who has just returned from a lovely trip to Croatia and what did tell her about? Tesco has potatoes on special offer this week :lol: :lol:
I know what you mean - strangers in your home. I think I am going to get a lock on door of a room where I shall know no-one can nose around - good suggestion. We have a "sitting service" once a week when I can go out, knowing that someone is with hubby for 2.5 hours. She doesn't do anything other th...
We had this service a few years ago and they fitted two smoke alarms. The batteries didn't last for ten years but no complaints from me as that meant those two smashing firemen came back all the sooner.
:D :D :D
Hi Stephen Your wife should be eligible for Attendance Allowance which is not means tested and is paid to the person being cared for. It is for people who are past the age when you can apply for DLA. We only found out about this when district nurse mentioned it - she had assumed hubby was receiving ...
All this waiting must be sheer torture Eun - hope by now there is a bed for Rob so that the tests and preparations can go ahead. Thinking of you all, especially Rob of course xx
I have been looking after hubby for sixteen years but by the time I realised that that meant I was a Carer, I reached pension age - so I have never had CA.
I do remember listening to Radio Luxembourg 208 metres. I was very young and it always seemed to me that the programmes were very lively, half-hour programmes with adverts between. One of the adverts I remember was for Dubonnet (Sp?) Even after hearing the adverts many times I still had no idea what...
Like you Petal, I care for hubby with dementia and gosh yes, I do get bored. Hubby was already housebound due to physical ailments when vascular dementia arrived. We have those "conversations" too - when's Bargain Hunt? have we had lunch? etc. I feel that the weekend is the most difficult time. It i...