Hi everyone, :)

I applied for carers allowance on the 26th May but have had no reply, is there an email address I can contact them with in England ? I've tried repeatedly to phone them but it seems hopeless, I was on hold the other day for 35 minutes :shock: .
Hoping you can help, Isabell.
Thank you, very helpful, I'll do the same.
I think with my friend she just couldn't cope any more and decided to pay, she pay's not her Mum. I went through the same thing with my Mother a few years ago, we tried for over a year to get help, the day before someone was finally coming she died. I was traveling through on the bus each day while ...
Thank you both for the kind words and help, we dont get any help at all from our Council, they really are a shameful bunch, they can find tens of millions for their own pet projects but nothing for social care. I spoke to a friend just recently who cares for for her 80 year old Mother, she does a 50...
Hi everyone, I joined here a while back but found it all to complicated and stuck my head back in the sand. I'll be as brief as I can. For over 20 years I've been caring for my Husband, he has multiple long term illnesses and receives both elements of PIP at the higher rate. We can cope ok financial...
Hi Tracy and thank you, I am eligible for CA but I'm scared to apply in case they make us worse off by reducing my Husbands money. I was hoping someone might know why this happens ? I've tried to find out on the internet but cant find an explanation.
Hi everyone, I feel really stupid having to ask this, being an unpaid carer for 20 years makes it even worse, I just never really understood. My Husband is long term disabled, he receives ESA (support group) and PIP at the high rate for both mobility and care. I don't complain I just get on with it,...
Hi everyone, I'm a bit embarrassed to ask about this, I feel like I've been taken for a fool and probably lied too. Since my husband had an accident in 1996 I have been his "carer" (or at least that's what I now call myself). He needs help 7 days a week and for 20 years I've done my best, though it ...
Thanks Pennie I'll do that, when I first inquired I was following advice I found on the net and it gave a link to HMRC and an inquiry form for NI contributions, that was months ago and I never got an answer, so I wrote direct to HMRC and got a reply about 6 weeks later. I'll try the DWP now, thanks ...
Hi Henrietta, and thank you, I have never claimed carers allowance, I simply didn't know it existed, no one ever told me, it was only a couple of years ago I heard about it, I rang the DWP to enquire if I qualified and they told me my Husband would lose benefits if I applied for CA so I didnt. Becau...