[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Rosemary & Myrtle, It's great to know that lives can be saved through organ donation. After all, we dont need 'em when we're dead and buried do we? I would gladly donate a kidney or bone marrow to a close relative (when alive!) and I regularly donate blood. Not sure if anyone would want my liver ...
Hi John, I'm relatively new to this forum but have read your posts with interest and hope that you can find a live in carer for your aunt very soon. I wonder if your local social services may be able to help? Where I live there is a govt funded company specifically for disabled people, which is affi...
Thanks Superhero Moderators Image
good to know we can post without being bombarded with spams! Crikey I get enough of that rubbish at work!
Get rid of em Image
Maryann - I think you are fantastic. This all happened to you when you were so young and you had two sisters to look after. How on Earth did you keep going? Charles47 I think you are wonderful too http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif - a true voice of wisdom if ever I heard one. I'm less ti...
Perhaps I am a little jaded in view of recent events (Mother in hospital yet again, being "saved" by chinless wonders in white coats), so I apologise for this rant before I even start!. Since 1989 ("Year of The Stroke") my mum has been in hospital on many occasions, and each time I am faced with hav...
Hi Carolp, If you don't get very far with your local Social Services dept, don't give up! I would advise you to contact your MP and or Local Coucnillor or the cabinet member for social services at your local council. I've worked for a local council for over 4 years now and it's always the members' e...
"It'll end in tears" when we were boisterous kids - always a favourite and she was usually right! "Dont push your luck" when we were naughty. Odd sayings too, e.g. "Knife to the floor, stranger at the door!" and she always saluted a single magpie accompanied by loudly saying "Morning Mr Magpie, hows...