[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Derby<br/> As if your situation isn't stressful enough without having to deal with this!<br/> Does accepting a new social worker mean you have to drop the complaint?<br/> Surely not. What have your social services advised?<br/> I would think that you should be able to pursue your original comp...
I'm having a few glasses of wine in your honour JohnRJ - many happy returns for yesterday Image
CB xx
Sorry to hear about your poor mum Joan. It is a worry when you hear stories like yours. She's fortunate to have you sticking up for her. Yes, I saw staff do exactly that - leave food on the table nowhere near the patient until it went cold and was taken away. In one ward (Stroke unit a few months ba...
<t>Nice letter Paula - hope it achieves the desired result.<br/> You never know they might even send you a voucher!!<br/> Let us know if and when you get a reply from Mr Tesco.<br/> <br/> Even though I dont have to drive my mum anywhere, so dont have a blue badge, I do get on my high horse when I se...
.....ha ha ha dont make me laugh - my local hospital cant even look after the patients let alone the carers! They were more than happy to let me feed my mum though and clean her teeth. I used to smuggle a cushion in with me so I could sit comfortably all afternoon. When I asked staff if I could brin...
Yes, Pysie, regional demonstrations might be better for everyone. I dont mind where it is as I drive and can go anywhere. Crikes, next they'll be telling us to rinse the incontinence pads out to re-use or use terry towelling and wash that out all the time. I wonder which bright spark had the idea th...
Hi Jo Jo Read your message on Radio 4 message board. Carers Allowance - what a joke. I would also be interested in participating in a demonstration. I'm not a full time carer yet(although that may change if Mum gets any worse), so I would definitely have time to go marching through the streets - I m...
<t>Hi Iaineynic,<br/> Sorry to hear about your situation. You've been kind enough to care for your gran for all those years which must have been tough, specially as a single parent. I take my hat off to you. There's not many people who would have had the compassion and strength that you have shown. ...
I know Tony, it is terrible. I sympathise with what you say completely. I know what a lot of council workers are like - I have to work with them! Unfortunately, the London boroughs tend to employ agency staff (costs £££'s) and as you say the language barrier is a problem. It depresses me wh...
<t>I can only see the state of social care getting worse. I missed the radio programme unfortunately, but I can imagine what it was like. Radio 4 can be awfully patronising at times. I work for local government in a benefits section (as does my sister - we often rant about the state of society, and ...