[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
I will call them ...thanks bowling bun Jenny you're right it is selfish and quite shocking really after my dad himself was at his own dads beck and call for as long as I can remember. He worked for his dad and even though married with kids also cared for his dad despite having 6 siblings. I remember...
Morning all I've basically given half of my life up to care for my dad. I've lived with him in his house for the last 20 years caring for him to some degree for most of that time. I've given up relationships and any social life but do work full time in a job which takes me away for a couple of night...
Thank you ladies
I know I need this break ... guess part of me feels that I need permission to go ...I also think once I'm actually away from the usual surroundings then the carer part of my brain/heart will be able to switch off for a bit. Thank you
Evening everyone. I have been caring for my dad for years. He's 90 and very up and down. One week we think he's dying ...two weeks later he's working in the garden. He has depression ... anxiety attacks due to bad untreatable vertigo, Parkinson's and prostate cancer. I had to take five weeks off wor...
Oh Chris You gave a wonderful talent for wriyting in a way that really touches your readers heart. I found this post yesterday when looking on here as I am prone to do when I feel I am about to have a caring crisis. Your list of suggestions somehow gave me strength and focus - got me through yesterd...
omg shewolf you and i are living almost parallell lives i live with my dad when im not working - ( i fly long haul ) he is 87 - widowed, lonely and has some sort of hypochondria, anxiety, panic attack thing going on which gives him SEVERE DIBILITATING VERTIGO, he WAS given prozac for this as well as...
A good cup of tea
Walking the dog
Strictly come dancing
Sunshine
bowlingbun thank you i think i need some councilling but have no idea where to start or on how to get it everytime i think i start to stand up for myself it hurts my dad and drives him further into a downward spiral ( not sure if he really does feel sorry or if saying he feels like he is a nuisance ...
MumWhoCares,

You're absolutely right about it also being acceptance, I suppose the way you describe it depends on your mood and state of mind at the time - a bit like half empty vs half full vases.

It does help to know that others have felt the same and can identify with my feelings

Thank you both
Morning all It's been a couple of years since I was last on here - and I kind of thought that it was because I was coping better and things had gotten easier looking after my dad. However, I have come to the conclusion after some deep thought over the last few days - that it's not that at all - in f...