[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Thank you ladies
Great advice

And Jenny i absolutely agree 100% with your last post.
I've just sat and completed the forms to apply for a needs and carers assessment but in all seriousness am wondering why I bothered. I care for my dad ..91 next week but I feel like my efforts are wasted. I do his laundry and make him change clothes and try to encourage personal hygiene ...yet i kno...
Thank you all so much for your replies. Hospital was actually excellent and I was impressed by their discharge procedure in the end. Off to pick him up later.
Hi all My very elderly dad has been in hospital for 18 days. In that time he's only walked as far as the loo a few times ...been helped in and out of his bed and chair etc. Before this ..at home ..he walked quite well with two sticks and did all his own personal care. However this stay has ..I think...
The leg bag connects directly into the catheter. The less you mess with that the better ..a change every six to seven days is what we were told ..because every time that's opened up there s chance of introducing infection
Hi all Firstly ...Linda ..I am so sorry I have not thanked you for your reply before now. My dad ended up with an ambulance to a and e ..has been on urology ward now for 6 days. Finally a consultant decided to look for the cause and not just treat a symptom. I am seriously angry with urology nurse ....
Does anyone have a male caree with a long term indwelling catheter who experiences lots of bleeding? I accept that it only takes a little blood to turn the urine red but I'm convinced we are being given the brush off by medics over my dad's blood loss. My dad has Parkinson's and really poor dexterit...
On sue I can totally empathise and understand your feelings as I'm living through very very similar but with my dad. In fact I was going to post my own questions and rant this morning I've cared for my dad In some capacity for 21 years ...not that he really needed it at the start ..I was just a repl...
Sorry, just twigged you say you took on your full time caring role last year. How many years do you think you will need to do it? (I know that sounds a bit negative, but SO many carers here 'start out' caring, and thinking 'OK so far'.....and then the years slip by and slip by and suddenly their wh...
Hi Simon ...hi bowlingbun ... Simon I'm sorry to jump in on your thread with no useful advice ...just wanted to say ..take bowlingbuns advice ..I didn't a couple of years ago ..now genuinely wish I had done cause my life is a mess ...correction ...it's an existence not a life ...will start my own th...