[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, I am not sure why I am here really, seeking help and advise, possibly an answer - I do realise this is impossible though. I am divorced and met the most amazing man 2 years ago, 4 months together that were bliss, then in the space of a week he told me his depression was back and that he felt no...
Karen_1603123456789 wrote:Thank you everyone for support. I will do some phoning tomorrow.
Mell I didn't get your PM inbox
X
Hi Karen
How have you been? Do you manage to get any advice and help?
Hi, I have joined this forum due to concerns about my neighbour, who cares for her disabled mother. My husband and I often hear the daughter shouting at her mother angrily, at times using foul, abusive language. As a former OT and current mum of a toddler, I understand that the pressures carers fac...
When mum had her assessment by SS in December, the Social Worker mentioned the possibility of having our rather small shower cubicle converted into a wet room arrangement. I really don't want the bathroom to look like an 'invalid bathroom'. She did say that some people opt to pay extra for tiles ra...
I told my GP that my husband and I were 24/7 carers for our severely disabled and ventilator dependent 30 year old son. His reaction? "So what. What do you expect me to do about it?" Eun Discusting change your gp. Instead he could of asked you how are you and your husband coping. Do you need any he...
bowlingbun wrote:Can I suggest that you ring/email the Carers UK helpline first of all. Carers have special protection under employment law.
That's a great idea!
I have worked at social services for last 12 years. 2 years ago I got put into a different team with new manager. He has made my life hell from the first day. Always pulling me up about my work. Personally checking twice with motorbility to see if I am entitled to use the motorbility car which I ju...
Unfortunately, emailing is not always helpful re: time scales. OK once you have a contact name. In the first instance It's better to make phone calls. Autism UK will have a support group in your area. Usual talking to other families you tend to pick up more/additional information. You may have this ...