[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
When mum had her assessment by SS in December, the Social Worker mentioned the possibility of having our rather small shower cubicle converted into a wet room arrangement. I really don't want the bathroom to look like an 'invalid bathroom'. She did say that some people opt to pay extra for tiles ra...
I told my GP that my husband and I were 24/7 carers for our severely disabled and ventilator dependent 30 year old son. His reaction? "So what. What do you expect me to do about it?" Eun Discusting change your gp. Instead he could of asked you how are you and your husband coping. Do you need any he...
bowlingbun wrote:Can I suggest that you ring/email the Carers UK helpline first of all. Carers have special protection under employment law.
That's a great idea!
I have worked at social services for last 12 years. 2 years ago I got put into a different team with new manager. He has made my life hell from the first day. Always pulling me up about my work. Personally checking twice with motorbility to see if I am entitled to use the motorbility car which I ju...
Unfortunately, emailing is not always helpful re: time scales. OK once you have a contact name. In the first instance It's better to make phone calls. Autism UK will have a support group in your area. Usual talking to other families you tend to pick up more/additional information. You may have this ...
Thanks for the reply. I filled the form in using the Cerebra DLA guidelines. I went into great detail on my form, I've kept a copy. The school have recently completed a Strengthening Families form which they have sent to the Behaviour Team to get help dealing with his violence at school. There is a...
Hi, My situation is slightly different but I am sure is quite a common one. I am actually in full time work and therefore quite rightly not entitled to any carers allowance. However, what I am finding difficult to get my head around is the fact that as a full time working person I am not entitled t...
You can appeal the decision and that info/time scale will be stated in the document. You could also loss points from original assessment on appeal. It would be better to seek further advise and/or additional evidence. To support your reasons for appeal. The care side has a lot to do about toileting/...
I spoke to our Electric Provider Southern Electric this week and they were quite helpful knowing Dad was very elderly. They made a note of his ailments and said they would flag him up as a vulnerable person . This means if we have any power cuts, they will bring in extra resources to prioritise any...