[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>I think nail cutting is a real issue. Fortunately I was able to cut my dad's fingernails once I caught him in the right mood. I soaked them in warm water first. DN's and carers aren't 'allowed' to do it. <br/> However, his toenails were in a terrible state when he was admitted to hospital some ye...
<t>hi and welcome to the forum.<br/> I had to move in with my dad 3 years ago when his dementia got so he needed 24/7 care. It's natural to feel upset about losing your home, and all the comforts of your own space. My mum also died in similar circumstances to your dad - she had ovarian cancer but it...
hi & welcome, what a difficult situation for you and your siblings. The only thing I can think of is to try MIND helpline. Website is : www.mind.org.uk and helpline : 0300 123 5393. At least they may have advice about what intervention is possible because they'll be up on the current legislation/pra...
It makes such a difference to have a good GP, wish they were all like that !! Hope you'll soon get all the help you are entitled to x
<t>Sorry things are still so difficult for you. It will take a long time to overcome what's happened, but you will get there. Don't expect too much of yourself now, it's very early days. I'm glad to hear you are getting some support to deal with your feelings, it may not seem to be helping much now ...
hello Gaynor, I'm so sorry you are going through this, my mum had ovarian cancer. Do you know the website www.ovacome.org.uk ? They support women with ovarian cancer and their families. They have a helpline - 0845 371 0554. I think it would be a good place to start, you will be able to get informati...
hi Rebecca,
welcome to the forum x
<t>hi mandy,<br/> welcome to the forum. You'll find people on here who understand what you're going through - it's a good place to let your feelings out and get some support. <br/> I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time and not getting support from your friend's family. I'm afraid it seems to...
<t>hi Amanda,<br/> yes, definitely ask for a carer's assessment, you're entitled to one when circumstances change and it should be done regularly anyway. If you've not had one for a couple of years then ask for one now. Local authorities vary but you should be entitled to another grant, and I know t...
<t>hi Ash, <br/> welcome to the forum.<br/> I agree with the others - you need to have time to yourself to relax and have a break.<br/> It's a pity about the Social Services grant but it's typical, no good giving you cash to take a break if they don't arrange care for your wife so you can get away. ...