[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>They never mention that when they're talking about the burden of housing benefit, do they? Instead of having a stock of social housing for people on low incomes it led to private landlords making money out of buy-to-let schemes, and pushing rents up knowing they'd be paid by benefits. They also r...
hi Norman,
welcome to the forum.
I don't know about the bedroom tax, but have you had advice regarding other benefits and allowances you're entitled to? If not I'd check it out with Carers Uk advice line, or CAB perhaps.
Lesley
I'm so furious about the recall of parliament today - to pay tribute to Margaret Thatcher. Those MP's attending can claim thousands each for interrupting their 'holidays'. Why couldn't they do it on Monday when they're back anyway? If they have to do it at all. On top of £10 million at least for the...
hi Jacqui, I'm horrified by what you've said about the care your mum had in the home. I had the same kind of problem with my dad - some care workers had no problem but others just had no clue how to deal with him and he'd get upset and frustrated and then they'd refuse to do his care, or I'd have to...
<t>hi Avril,<br/> I feel just the same. My dad died last October, and I can't believe how difficult I'm still finding it. I looked after him for a long time and 24/7 for the last 3 years. I think it's like becoming 'institutionalised'. It's ironic that when the caring role is so intense we<br/> long...
the Italian café one is Paul Whitehouse, for Aviva I think. He's done so many different versions, each one worse than the last, can't believe they keep on and on http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_mad.gif http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_mad.gif http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_mad.gif I tape...
<t>hi Jacqui,<br/> my heart goes out to you, what an awful situation for you. I understand just what you mean about the care staff, I had the same problems with domiciliary care workers, it's so frustrating and distressing. It was the same when my dad had to go into hospital, even on a ward supposed...
hi DC49,
just wondering how you're getting on, hope you and your children are doing ok.
best wishes, Lesley xx
<t>[quote]Caring is a pain in the butt, zero rewards, zero respect, zero remuneration, zero thanks from the piglet/caree, there is no doubt. And nobody actually has to care, we do have a superb (well, just about adequate!) back-up system of social and health care.<br/> <br/> <br/> I think we need to...
There's a useful section on the website www.scie.org.uk about aggression in dementia. I found it very helpful in explaining where the aggression comes from and ways of dealing with it, they also have lots of other useful stuff about helping someone with dementia. From the homepage of this website, c...