[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Has anyone else had problems with the blister packs? Dad's medication has been packed wrongly in the blister packs about 4/5 times in the last year! It's just inconvenient for me but for anyone living alone and relying on the blister packs it could be dangerous. I've reported it each time but it ...
<t>hi chrissy,<br/> I think there are lots of us having this problem! It may not be worse when you change to a private company. Will you get Direct Payments for your mum's care? It's a good option because you then have a direct contract with the care providers and so you can choose/change them. I'd ...
<t>Thanks for your post. I'm afraid she does argue with that !! Even though I've witnessed thousands of calls by now she just says I'm wrong. I think it's a case of it being too much trouble to get it right. I've asked for a meeting with the company owner to see if I can get anywhere with him. I fee...
<t>thanks for your replies, it really helps because I'm so tired of talking to this care manager and being treated like an awkward customer. It's good to know I'm not mad ! She treats dad as a problem, rather than thinking how she can make things better for him. Absolutely like a package not a perso...
<t>Just wondered how other people find home care. My dad has Alzheimer's and can be very anxious, he hates having personal care done but is incontinent now. I can't manage myself any more so carers have to do it. The care company we've used for over two years is now sending 19 different carers each ...
thanks everyone for the welcome x Image
<t>thanks Charles, I'll contact the doncaster continuing care team. There's been a lot more discussion than I could put in my post . I've never seen such a flurry of buck-passing !! I feel so sorry for people who are trying to cope with the system on their own, without a family member/friend to stan...
<t>Can anyone help with this? My dad's home care was funded by North Yorkshire (our council) until May when it was changed to full nhs funding. He's now funded by Doncaster nhs, because his GP is a few miles away and we're on the border of two areas. Once North Yorkshire social services managed to p...
<t>Hi, I've been looking after my dad about 12 years and moved in with him two and a half years ago when he wasn't able to manage on his own any more. He's 88 and has Alzheimer's, failing sight and some other health issues. Dad's funding changed to nhs in May. We have home carers for his personal ca...