[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Conrad - I've sent you a PM.
<t>hi Conrad,<br/> <br/> How are you today? I agree with Tracie, ring the crisis team if you need them (and it sounds like you do) - it may give you a chance to talk to someone different as the CPN you've had hasn't been any use. <br/> <br/> Conrad, from what you've said it sounds like your mum is s...
<t>hi Conrad,<br/> hope you manage to get some rest over the weekend. Try not to worry, I know it's easier to say than do, but if you get more and more stressed you will end up being ill.<br/> We're not machines, you need a break sometimes.<br/> I think your mum's psychiatrist will look at medicatio...
<t>hi Melanie,<br/> like everyone else, I think you are coping with a lot. You have done really well to deal with it for this long. <br/> How about a locked medical cabinet for the tablets? At least you wouldn't need to worry about him taking too many. <br/> I think it would be worth making contact ...
<t>hi Conrad,<br/> I'm sorry things have been so bad for you. I'm worried about you - you can't go on for long with little sleep and so much stress. You need to look after yourself so you can help your mum.<br/> Could you call MIND helpline ? You need to talk to someone to relieve the stress you are...
hi Conrad, welcome to the forum. Sounds to me like you are doing an amazing job supporting your mum. It can be so stressful dealing with all the 'experts' especially when they don't do their jobs properly. If the CPN is failing to turn up, not staying long, upsetting your mum - could you ask to spea...
<t>Charles - <br/> <br/> I'm in North Yorkshire area and they offered me this grant at time of Carer's Assessment.<br/> It was a one-off payment to be used for me, not to help with caring or household costs but some kind of treat to either pamper yourself or help with a hobby/interest. I had money t...
<t>Very sorry to hear about your mother Scott, my condolences. I think most of us would prefer an 'ordinary' life to the one that people in power live. It's not worth all the power in the world to end your life in a hotel, being looked after by strangers while your family stay abroad. Not that I bla...
Caravan - you want 'points' for making comments that upset people so they reply????

I'm not surprised you got agreement on another forum, but this one is set up for mutual support and constructive advice between carers.
<t>Caravan<br/> Obviously you know better than my GP, didn't realise you were scientifically trained.<br/> When I ate too few calories I didn't put on weight, but remained exactly the same weight even though I was eating 600 calories daily. I was advised to eat more calories, balanced food groups, a...