Hope it all works out OK, here's a bit of cyber-support.
Suprised this hasnt made the front page of the website yet: from the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6675243.stm Charities say many carers are close to breaking point Families caring for disabled children are to receive £340m to help improve their lives, Economic Secretary to the Treasury Ed B...
At one time the Sufferagettes were only a protest group. It is all very well 'calling' for change, but if it is only seen by the people who already know we need change then it is not a "Big canon". I asked on the old forum board why CUK has such a low profile but did not get a satisfactory answer. ...
Thanks for the update. That is absolutely awful...my sympathy. It looks as if you not only have to get your daughter home, you should also sue for damages to your health, stress and so on - dont let them get away with it.....fight them all the way.
[quote]]
<t>Hi again,<br/> Did you follow up my suggestion about complaining to the Social care commission? Whats happening...this seems to be dragging out indefinitely like the Orkney case? Justice delayed is justice denied......<br/> <br/> We all agree there is a clear case to be answered of serious abuse ...
Why would you have a problem with being registered? As a carer, I would like to know that I could take a break in this kind of holiday, and that you would be able to provide that kind of support....
Of course, whatever their suspicions/paranoia, as I recall around 6 million people did fill in the carer's part of the form, which was quite a large response! The eventual results were adjusted as always to take account of variable response rates in some areas, but can be taken as definitive. There ...
Hi, I was also appalled to hear this story, and you have my sympathy. I've had some training in adult abuse, and to prevent contact with friends, family and other people is abuse, especially so where there are severe communication difficulties. You should contact the Care Commission urgently http://...