[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Dear fellow carers, I have been fighting a lonely battle for some months on the hugely important internet encyclopedia - wikipedia -to get the article named "voluntary caregiver" renamed to "carers" - see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Voluntary_caregiver You can all help - I need as many people...
Accordind to the http://www.disabilityalliance.org/ca.htm website: Carer's allowance To get carer's allowance (CA) you must: - be caring for a person who is receiving one of the following: higher or middle rate care component of disability living allowance attendance allowance constant attendance al...
<t>There has to be a better way.<br/> I'm also fed up trying to figure out how to play the system legally whilst being self-employed, it's a minefield. I might earn good money one week and nothing the next..., but CA cant cope with a variable income. I recently told them I wanted to opt out because ...
If we paid every adult in the Uk a social wage of say £250 a week whether they worked or not, and the rate of income tax was a flat 50% for all income over £250 per week, would that be a disincentive to work? . Probably not.
<t>>I'm sorry for the inconvenience. <<br/> Sorry? Sorry? That's simply not good enough. What kind of an excuse is that? Did the batteries on the hypocyclic generator run out, or the interminal psychobabbler throw a wobbly...I think a proper scientific explanation is called for..and all you can feeb...
Concern over 'poor' dementia care http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6739197.stm Hospitals are the wrong place to care for long stay patients with dementia. They are geared to acute cure and therapy, and will never achieve the high standards of nursing and care homes run by caring charities and vol...
<t>There's one good thing about the public sector, recognition of Trades Unions. <br/> Well OK, two things, lets add early retirement on grounds of ill health and/or redundancy. <br/> OK three things, lets include index linked enhanced pensions.<br/> Put the three of them together, add a sprinkle of...
<t>I had an acute attack of shingles at age 50, and three years on I still get the odd twinge. It's sheer hell, during the acute phase that lasts for a few weeks I thought someone was driving a piledriver through my ribcage, and the after effects for the next year are most unpleasant. I was young an...
<t>Q. How do you eat an elephant?<br/> A: One chunk at a time!<br/> <br/> The approach that has worked best in the past is to focus on a few relatively small - but important - issues of principle where justice is clearly being denied, then hammer them home through collective action until it hurts th...
No they wouldn't. You can't solve the problems of the NHS - or anything else - by beating up on the most vulnerable people in our society. As carers, we don't look for scapegoats to blame, we face up to the fact that we are brothers and sisters to other people in distress and need.