[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My wife and I cared for my Father in Law for many years - he was a veteran PoW of the Burma Railway. He was entitled to four weeks free respite a year, paid for by the Veterans Agency...very useful help to us with a young family. But they dont advertise it!
<t>The award should be given to ALL carers...it is truly invidious to single out one individual on the basis of an online beauty contest. After recent scandals, I'm not sure whether any of us have any confidence in polls like this anyway.<br/> If they go ahead I bet the winner is young, female, and ...
<t>Carers are NOT slaves. We have free will. <br/> Tha's really all I want to say on the fundamental principles. <br/> But I would add that this apparent freedom is grossly abused by the politicians who know right well that we seldom use our right to walk out. Carers benefit as it exists grossly dis...
<t>Hi again.<br/> Long time ago I worked in a hospital for old people. One old lady, when I was giving her a bath, told me that I had seen more of her body than her husband ever had. Interesting comment! I do feel a bit sorry for the old guy, though at this late stage of life he wouldn't have missed...
Yes, you must walk away and breathe fresh air for the first time. We do not have a duty to care...it only works if it is voluntary and given of freedom. Life begins at:
a) 30
b) 40
c) 50
d) 60
e) 70

strike out those which do not apply.
Have you asked them what exactly she is at risk of....I think we should be told?
<t>Scrap all targets...they simply provide a new game for bureaucrats to play at our expense, and the rules change from day to day.<br/> I used to believe in targets but the older I get I cant really think of one that ever was expressed in such plain english that it made sense or didnt have loophole...
<t>I chose to be a carer. That's my choice. There are other options, and they are fine too. Care by paid carers is sometimes inevitable, sometimes better, sometimes worse than the unpaid care we offer. Some carers are great, some are cr*p... the only difference is that we carers are not subject to r...
So far not a single person on this list has supported me on Wikipedia.....we are now losing the vote and your help is needed urgently. Do you wish to be called a "voluntary caregiver". No? I thought not. Please get stuck in to wikipedia, it isnt difficult.
Believe it or not, my best friend Suleman is an expert Xylophonist, so I had to laugh! http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif Here's the very man himself: http://www.paperclip.org.uk/Ghana/pictu ... CF0012.JPG . We visited Ghana in 2005 together and travelled all over. He has various names but ...