I was of course, kidding on about the roof-rack: 8-) but a long-distance hearse is very expensive, and a self-drive hired transit van to transport the coffin and deceased would be perfectly OK and much more discreet. I suspect most funeral places actually use plain unmarked vans for long distance tr...
Sounds fair enough. I'm a bit of a paradox: love dressing up to the nines when needs must, but always keep a plastic sheet in the boot of the car in case I see a bit of roadkill deer on my travels, and quite happy to butcher it for the freezer on my own back patio. So, when it comes to funerals, I c...
Jenny:
the cost of getting her body there will be high, so I suspect she's getting a cremation, and only the ashes interred.
There is no law, as far as I am aware, preventing you from sticking the coffin on the roof bars of a Skoda, and driving it up the M6 in style.
I've been involved in various ways with settling the affairs of six different family members - our four parents, brother, and my husband, so feel free to ask about anything around the subject. My mum's funeral was the last. I knew she was dying, and made plans in advance. I had a word with the fune...
Spot on: I started my scabby-kneed life as a juvenile Leeds fan as a kid back in the 1950's, but loved the world-class excitement of Newcastle and always wished them well. I only wish my dad had the time to take me to a few more matches. Moving to Scotland 25 years ago, I guess that Rangers - despit...
How very odd! after posting that yesterday, my Grandfather visited me in my dreams last night, and I was treated to a visit back to the fantasy youth of my past - it bore very limited relation to the real person or places, but it was fun nevertheless.
Me, and my boy, singing from the terraces at Ibrox on a freezing cold afternoon along with 45,000 fellow Rangers fans .... proud season ticket holders. And yes, we won today against Dundee, albeit in the last minute of injury time: oh, the agony of waiting for 93 scrappy and indecisive minutes, and ...
And the others ..
Not just the mistle thrush: the berries are still good, and we had a small flock of bullies today: plus the usual suspects
Sorry: in that case I have no solutions to offer apart from moving home or purchasing a chainsaw and a machete. I live at the edge of a small town, and have space for four or five cars - by choice. The social life here is pretty limited, but at least parking is not an issue, and the hedges are high.