Another bird at the rowan berries: this time a blackbird: apparently quite a few of them are migrants, too, which I hadn't realised:
We have so many sparrows and I nearly missed this bird among them - never seen one before in my life, but obviously I realized it must be a blackcap. https://www.carersuk.org/forum/social-area/general-chit-chat/birds-in-the-garden-19726?start=440 Cool capture Greta: deserved much better recognition...
Yes, my wife and I both managed to work full time whilst caring for her Dad. We made full use of a day centre placement provided by our local authority, as well as employing a housekeeper/carer to fuss over him when we were at work, make him lunch, do the ironing and so on. It was a juggle, but it w...
It isn't every day that something really special pops up in the garden.
This is a female blackcap - about 200 of them turn up in Scotland every winter from continental Europe. Just happy that it chose mine!
And no, it does not have a visa ...
The best thing to do is get all the advice you can, and just figure it all out.
Yes, most folk can claim both carers allowance and work, as long as they do their sums right. It is good fun trying ... because the system is as full of legally exploitable holes as a Swiss Cheese.
Just as an aside - why should the MALE bullfinch have such a pretty pink chest ? Surely pink is for girls so shouldn't she be the pretty one ? :? :? : (it's OK I do know that male birds generally have the brighter colours - all the better to attract the ladies with ;) ;) I always thought the bullfi...
I there.My name is Peter and I am new to the site.I am a spurs supporter as a schoolboy I played for East London,London schoolboys and I got into the final 28 for England schoolboys,so of the personnel I played was Harry Rednapp,he went to West Ham and I went to spurs,I sighed app pfo forms and had...
Hi, and welcome! One thing I have learned about caring is that there are often more options available than appear at first sight. I won't bore you with my own situation, but I have been a carer for over twenty years, and over time, have made all the usual mistakes of jumping to conclusions without c...
Emma Forrester wrote:I don't support a team but both Charlie and my son Michael support Manchester united, years ago when he was alive my grand pops was a season ticket holder for arsenal, and even had one of the young lads from Ireland living with him when he first came over
Not George Best, by any chance ?? :woohoo:
Pet66 wrote:Jenny.
It's sticking for me too. I was getting irritated thinking it was my fault for upgrading. Will think twice about that in future! At least I know now it's not that I hope.
My post stuck too ...