Mean and shorts, wot it is about blokes? My Postman and my plumber show their knees all seasons. And on close (well ok, reasonably close and reasonably discreet) inspection they don't bother to shave their legs. Why is that, I wonder? Men like wearing kilts and shorts, precisely because we already ...
If you had to name your first born child after your last drink, what would they be called?
Mine would be Miss Talisker Storm ...
And yep, that is me in the cut-off jeans ... stitched by my own fair hand.
My mother (and no, I will not turn this into another of those multi-page 'my mother' rants), is 92, and I suggested that I stay at their place for a couple of nights when visiting after Christmas to save on hotel fees. She threw the biggest psychic wobbly I have ever seen: I wish I had it recorded o...
Commenting on today’s announcement Carers UK’s Director of Policy, Emily Holzhausen said: “The rise in the earnings threshold is welcome and will enable more people to keep the financial support and important recognition Carer’s Allowance brings and remain in paid employment. The rise in National L...
Hi Ronald, and welcome!! I reckon you are doing the right thing by coming here cos we dads all know what it is like. How old is the last baby? I only ask because some women have a short-term biological problem called post natal stress after having a baby and that can cause them to get all kinds of m...
Good stuff: I never expected my son to be able to climb the Old Man of Coniston, or Cader Idris, or Ben Lomond, or Ben Vorlich, on his own two feet, either - but life is full of pleasant surprises. ;)
Love the placebo idea, Jenny: you get the November 2016 C-UK prize for imagination > that is pure classic! :lol:
Utterly farcical. I earned £70 in four hours interviewing ordinary people about their health this evening: (on Her Majesties Government Service too) damned hard work though, but a lot less than a Peer in the House of Lords who gets £300 for just clocking in and falling asleep: yet, "Today the Govern...
Hi Norms,
How about music: do you still enjoy listening to - or maybe even playing - music? What kind of activities are you still able to do for yourself?
Yes, I guess that most of us will need to keep the nursing home option as the backstop: but there is an easier way than to wait for the crisis, and this is to start exploring nursing homes for respite breaks for a week or two at a time, then gradually increase them to two and four weeks. There are w...