[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi David, welcome to the forum. I joined two years ago when I suddenly found myself in the position of being my husband's carer after he had a bad stroke. I was scared, angry, and resentful that my life would have to change. I am a grandmother with three children from whom I hide my cares and worrie...
I am in the same situation. My husband's mobility has decreased due to a stroke. I have been given a wheelchair from the nhs but he is too heavy for me to push him. I had asked if I could have a motorised wheelchair which the carer controls but instead they referred me to a company who sell the powe...
Dear Pet, yes, every morning I have to force myself to get up and face the day. Oh to be back to the days before his stroke when we would get up, have breakfast and decide what we would like to do that day! Now every day is the same routine of feeding him and washing clothes and bed linen. Heaven kn...
I have the same problem when Brian has to go into hospital. The staff never think to cut up his food, the bed table is put on the left of the bed where he can't reach it with his right hand. The nurse call unit is forever being clipped onto the left side of the bed. Surely it only takes a wee bit of...
I know you will think of it as a cage, but if it keeps him safe, then that's all that matters. Brian has a hospital bed with sides that can go up and the carers used to put both sides up before they left in the evening but if he needed to go to the loo lateron, I found it difficult to get one side t...
I have a beautiful dark blue satin kimono with flowers embroidered xown the back and on both fronts. I bought it a few years ago on the internet for pure nostalgia. My mother had a red one when I was a child that I loved and woukd dress up in it. I think she had been given it by an admirer during th...
I find myself chatting to the checkout assistants in my local Aldi, actually just at the end of my street, so I am there most days. Although Aldi gets slated for their checkouts assistants being really fast and older people struggling to keep up with them, I have found our ones happy to be acknowled...
Thanks Pet66, it's your house, just go for it. If it doesn't look professional, who cares! I ended up with colour on the white skirting then when I tried to cover it over with white gloss, I ended up with a bit of white on the colour!! I don't care, I did it, and am very pleased with myself. When I ...
I have started decorating the house. I am stuck at home with my disabled husband all day except when he goes to day care twice a week, so decided to update the house. It has been in a time warp since he decorated it when we moved in 10 years ago. So far over the past few months I have paintd the kit...
I had to get my husband's mental health nurse out to see him as an emergency at the end of last year when he became violent and agressive towards me in the early hours of the morning. I had to contact the police as I was frightened for my own safety. They came straight away and were great. They kept...