[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I have just read a BBC news item about care for the elderly in the uk. BBC.co.uk/care. It talks about the difference in care costs over the uk. In Scotland, we do not pay for personal care, so washing, dressing etc are free. It also gives a calculator to work out how much money your own council allo...
Thanks is everyone for their advice. Yes, his bank account is in joint names now. I managed to get him to sign the form the bank gave me so at least I will have access to it. I know it is very difficult for him to understand that he cannot handle our finances any longer but I am finding it very wear...
My 70 year old husband, who had a stroke in April, is becoming agitated. He was one of the old school and always managed the family finances. I got my housekeeping each week it never had any idea. Of his take home wage. Of course now I have to deal with paying the bills etc. I was advised by our ban...
Hi, after having advice from another forum member to ensure that I made some time for myself, I went back to my swim class yesterday afternoon. I have really only just started back since my husband' stroke, and last week I rushed home with wet hair, worrying about having left him. This week, after g...
Think you are right. I am really struggling to keep on top of all his medication and medical supplies. We have always been so independent and it is difficult to give up the reigns to someone else but I think the time has come to hand over. At least it would be one thing less to worry about. Thank yo...
One of you nice people has mentioned that I should have had a Carer's assessment done. I have heard about this but have no idea how I should go about it and indeed if anyone will do anything about it. At the moment I am left to organise my husband's medication, medical needs ie catheter equipment , ...
My name is Irene and I am 69 years old and a carer for my husband who is also 69. He had a stroke in early May which affected his left hand side. He can no longer use his left arm, is very unsteady when he walks, shuffling his feet and has to use a stick for balance - he can't use a walking frame as...