[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Linda, Last year our council changed our general waste collection to once a month. This causd an uproar with families with nappies and it was decided that large white bags would be supplied for sanitary products in a separate collction I contacted them regarding my husband's incontinence pads and...
Pet, I totally agree. Professionals think they know best but we are the ones who have been looking after our husbands all this time. We know how things should be done to keep them comfortable but when you try to tell them they will not listen. Brian has all different carers coming in each day now. W...
I buy Brian's pads off the internet. He has nappy type ones that fasten round his hips. The Nhs will not supply us with them and give us large pads which are fine intil he has a bowel movement then all hell lets loose as they don't contain the poo and it goes everywhere (sorry). I also buy bed pads ...
Hi Pet, Is your husband on an air mattress in the home? Brian has a hospital bed with a ripple air mattress that we were given shortly after his stroke as he had bed sores on his heels. It's a noisy thing as it inflates alternate parts at a time. He has been in bed continually since July and hasn't ...
My husband has no bowel control at all. He goes from being constipated for weeks, despite giving him meds to make him go and once they do start to work, he will have bowel movements, usually twice a day for the next two or three days. Now, bearing in mind that he is bedridden, this causes no end of ...
Pet, so sorry to read that your hubby is in hospital. Very stressful time for you. Try and get as much rest as you can. Thinking of you.
It has been anowing all day here in central Scotland. We are now on a red alert and have been warned to stay indoors. I nipped out for milk and essentials to the supermarket at the end of our street at lunchtime before it got too bad. I was able to walk in the snow but it was extremely cold. Since t...
Emma, I have been there and got the T shirt. My husband had a bad stroke about three years ago which damaged his left side and also left some brain damage. Eighteen minths ago he began hearing voices in his head telling him to kill people and seeing dead people in his bedroom. The Mental Health nurs...
My husband is bedridden and has a catheter. He has carers who come in morning and night. They often have problems with the night bags sticking together, as you say, and occasionally the urine hasn't flowed from the day bag to the night bag and is like a balloon. You need to use a fresh bag and see i...
Hi Rosemary. My husband has two carers twice a day. The morning ones can be anywhere between 10 and 11 am and the evening ones are between 7 and 8 pm. In between we have two nurses coming in each morning since July to pack and clean his abscess. They can arrive anywhere between 10 and 1 pm. Weekends...