[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Haha... can I pretend the penguin is someone I don't like too much?

There's a few people I'd like to kick 553 yds!
Hello and welcome Anthony

Im new here too and have really enjoyed the forums so far.

Debbie
<t>Hi minie and welcome.<br/> <br/> Im still full on caring but can understand how isolated you feel. <br/> <br/> I have a friend who's disabled son passed away 4 years ago and she still can't get used to the fact that she is no longer a carer (still a mom to 3 other children though) and she said th...
<t>Post school services seem to be poor and patchy across the UK.<br/> <br/> There needs to be more available in terms of social enterprise opportunities etc but these are few and far between often with long waiting lists. <br/> <br/> I've looked at a few community living type places such as the Cam...
<t>Bless you Rae that must be tough! <br/> <br/> I miss my kids when they go away to visit friends for a few days so can't imagine how I'll cope if and when they move away from home. <br/> <br/> So glad technology is what it is and its much easier to keep in touch with family around the world. <br/>...
Nice to meet you Melissa.

I'm new here too but am enjoying reading through the forums and can see there's an active community here.

Debbie
<t>Hi Roy,<br/> <br/> Nice to meet you. Im new to the site too and everyone seems really friendly and supportive. <br/> <br/> My situations a bit different because I'm caring for children but the issues with local authorities etc affect us all pretty much the same so I know where you're coming from....
<t>This is a really complex topic and it varies greatly from person to person but I do wonder if we're not encouraged to 'let go' even when our 'children' need the continued support and even boundaries that are afforded to them when they're younger. <br/> <br/> We (as a society) seem to be quite foc...
<t>Thanks for the replies everyone! It's good to know there are people here who understand the situations we face every day. Yes my hands are full but I like to be busy and as long as we stick to a schedule it's generally not too bad. Its when sickness or emergencies come up that it can be a bit str...
<t>I have no doubt this is simply a cost cutting exercise and while it might not be a perfect system its better then the one being proposed.<br/> <br/> I know we're already struggling financially to manage the additional costs of caring and if more pressure is put on us financially I'll have no choi...