[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Vicky, <br/> <br/> whatever the connexions officer thinks of the support post 16, your son is still entitled to a learner support plan which should accurately portray his support needs, etc What course are the college pushing him towards and what course would he like to go on? He may be entitled ...
<t>Very informative, Summer. A good refresher and some things are new to me.<br/> <br/> Thank you.<br/> <br/> I did BSL level 1 at evening classes. I also started level 2, but had to give up before I took the exam as I lost my babysitter for S and couldn't find a replacement. (That was all years ago...
Hi Vicky, does your son have a Connexions personal adviser? They maybe able to help. Would DSA be able to fund him some support to attend a mainstream course? http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/EducationAndTraining/HigherEducation/DG_10034898 Has the college actually assessed his needs or ar...
<t>Hi Susie,<br/> <br/> Sleep deprivation makes it so much harder to cope and be patient. No wonder you are struggling.<br/> <br/> In blind children and those with autism who have difficulties with sleeping, melatonin is used - the argument being that it is something naturally found in our bodies an...
I think you will have to tell her that on the desk v computer desk - you will have to agree to disagree. Hopefully she'll move onto complaining about something else soon instead Image Image

Melly1
We've had similiar with S and his autism ... what bit of "life-long condition" do they not understand ....????

Melly1
<t>Sounds a total nightmare Littlerachet for you and your OH.<br/> <br/> Hope you get some advice on here. Perhaps you should ring the helpline too. The "care" your OH is getting is causing you more stress than help or benefit and it sounds like is having a negative affect on your OH too.<br/> <br/>...
<t>I agree x 100 ....<br/> <br/> I feel the same about officialdom; constantly wanting me to fill out forms, write reports and letters and short notice, want to visit at even shorter notice - because they are so disorganised and have left it to last minute - and can only visit at times that are hard...
Forgot it was on, so only saw part of it.
that this is the reason that the Government rely on us to go above and beyond the call of duty to care for our carees.
So true. Social services know they have us over a barrel - we care - and that leaves us open to be exploited ....

Melly1
<t>A person who needs a translator would not be expected to attend without a translator.... how is this different from a disabled person needing their carer to support them?<br/> <br/> Lots of disabled people would need their carer to meet their health needs, personal care needs, communication needs...