[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Loads of great advice, already.<br/> <br/> Can only think of,<br/> <br/> If you don't understand the question/ need to buy time or need clarification; repeat the question back to interviewer in your own words and check that is what they are asking.<br/> <br/> Before the interview, write down ques...
<t>HI Gilli,<br/> <br/> I agree with Charles.<br/> <br/> Between the age of 9 (when I first had him) and 18; S had 14 different social workers and 7 periods of being unallocated.<br/> Also bear in mind he was a looked after child as well as having autism and learning difficulties.<br/> <br/> Between...
Hi Myrtle, you are quite right, S is continent. Just sometimes when he wees the urine somehow gets through the tiny gap between the toilet seat and the bowl and drips onto the floor. Summer hope that could well do it, Place the Basic Elevated Toilet Seat on top of the toilet making sure that the fla...
Hi everyone, glad we're not the only ones with this problem Lazydaisy, (I mean that in the nicest possible way!) Susie I have tried padding round the base of the toilet with all sorts over the years - those disposable, incontinence bed sheets; that plastic carpet runner stuff etc etc Maybe need to r...
<t>This is driving me crazy!!<br/> <br/> S can't help it but when he sits to wee (he always has) urine often goes between the seat and the toilet basin and runs down the outside of the toilet basin and onto the floor. It soaks the loo mat and the carpet (which I want changing to lino/cushioned floor...
<t>Not a massive increase, but better than nothing. <br/> <br/> Shame though that the rise in adult respite care has been to the detriment of child respite care ...<br/> <br/> Does the rise in adult respite care equate to the drop in child respite care ???? (Cynical I know, but ...)<br/> <br/> Melly...
Hi Katrina, we all say fine, because the person asking doesn't really want to know .... The said rellies who are now ringing up are displaying typical guilt-ridden relly behaviour. The other way rellies display this is by suddenly criticising the care we give/decisions we make or suddenly interferin...
<t>Hi Alex, I think Blue has made a good point it could be that the careworker is worried that you no longer want to join them for a cuppa - might be worth just saying you are busy at the mo and the only reason. Have a word with Sarah too, and check that it doesn't bother her that you no longer join...
<t>Hi Shona and welcome,<br/> <br/> I echo everything Susie has said. <br/> <br/> This forum is the one place where people really do understand and you wont be judged. The more threads you read, the more you realise that lots of folk are experiencing similiar challenges, frustrations and feelings.<b...
Hi D3lly and welcome, I don't have a lot of experience re mental health, only what I know from what other carers tell me. Have you looked on the MIND website? http://www.mind.org.uk/help/information_and_advice As Bertie says, you are a carer. A lot of people on here care for folk who deny that they ...