[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>What an imposition. Blimey, you pay the rent if you have clutter what business is it of theirs? Then perhaps they should provide more storage??? Surely you can have ladders where ever you choose? And now you have to go through the same stressful and work-inducing process again in 3 months??<br/> ...
It is a game and only THEY know the rules and they change them when it suits them
Daylily - this is SO similiar to how I describe what I'm swimming up against at the moment...

Melly1
Oh so true ....
other than telling me that they are willing to take up an hour of my time doing an assesment to advise me
of what they think would the be best (and cheapest) option for my carees future ....

It's all a load of b*****ks.

Melly1
Sounds like a result. Well done you. Now you have to plan to make yourself scarce once she is home when the care workers are there - so she doesn't tell them not to bother or that you will do it.

Melly1
<t>Pablo, <br/> <br/> it seems to me in our county that the good social workers all get worn into the ground and quickly move on to jobs with charities eg Barnadoes, Save the Children etc and it is increasingly hard to recruit new ones. The jobs are frequently filled with (more expensive) agency soc...
<t>On each of the forms social workers have filled in on S since he turned 18 (he will be 20 in September,) I have ticked the box for a carer's assessment ...still waiting and not enough energy to fight for this on top trying to fight for his college/transition service.<br/> <br/> One social worker ...
Kate, Go girl, go. The man is clearly an *!*!*! His second response in particular is very rude. I hope you have copied the responses in your email to the PM. My son has a learning disability. If he was paid according to the effort he put into everything he attempts in life, then he would be one of t...
<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> S still goes to school (though he finishes in July ... but that is another story.) Tuesday to Friday whilst he is at school I teach - which is a change but definitely not a rest. On Mondays (bar bank hols, school hols etc of which there have been a lot of, of late) I have a day off...
<t>Hi Chinarosie,<br/> <br/> many years ago, I used to do shared care - which meant I used to give respite care to children with special needs in my own home as a shared care carer - this came under the bracket of fostering and was supervised by social services. As a general rule the parents used to...
Sounds like another case of over-zealous political correctness.

How annoying and upsetting.

Melly1