[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Julie and welcome. I'm new too and have found the forum great. Your son sound fabulous.

Melly1
<t>Hi Georgina - to have taken him on, moved house etc etc proves you are not a selfish person. What is making it harder is that the demands have increased. You are trying to juggle being a Mum and a carer and have relationship with your partner. Does your caree go out at all - luncheon club/day cen...
<t>Hi Penny, <br/> <br/> sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment. Social services don't seem to get the idea that our carees don't want to spend all their time with us ... I don't know your circumstances or how much support your daughter needs, would she be able to volunteer in a charity s...
<t>Hi Ladybird, <br/> hope you have a lovely few days away. There is fellow athlete of S at Special Olympics and she has regularly develops sore areas under her breasts and arms - she is a big girl (she doesn't have PWS, but does live in supported living - where clearly the emphasis is more on free ...
<t>Thank you for the further ideas Julie.<br/> <br/> I have taught children in the past with deteriorating sight. The three children in my class with VI now (although described as having VI) have no functional sight. <br/> <br/> It sounds like you have do lots of things to help your Mum compensate.<...
<t>We've never had services from an re-enablement OT, but the services I had after a major operation from our community OT was fantastic. She really knew her stuff, really listened and was very efficient.<br/> <br/> "Wonderful social worker" ... mmm, haven't come across one of those in a long, long ...
<t>Hi Julie, my caree isn't blind; but some of the childen in my special needs class at school are VI and have no functional sight - so keep the tips coming ... I can pick the ones that are suitable/adaptable for them.<br/> <br/> I'm sure lots of other carers will find them useful too.<br/> <br/> Me...
<t>Hi Carol, <br/> <br/> I think all the publicity is definitely fueling all our fears and anxieties at the moment. We all have enough to cope with without added worries. Do not feel guilty about leaving your Mum with her sister looking after her, your Mum will benefit as much from your break as you...
<t>Hi Sezzie, <br/> <br/> this crying thing is new to me. I have always responded to stress more like you and gone into (I used to have a name for it, and it escapes me at the moment ...) a switched off/disconnected mode. I think the emotional state comes when I just can't seem to sort things out fo...
Thanks Charles, will tentatively find out more when I go to the Carer's Centre coffee morning on my next free day off.

Melly1