[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
So what's on the menu tonight?

Melly1
<t>Alicia, you are under enormous strain fighting all of this on top of caring. <br/> <br/> Is it possible for your husband to take an advocate to the tribunal to speak on his behalf? <br/> Is your husband's evidence up to date? Are his medical reports recent and do they reflect his recent deteriora...
<t>Hi, yes it is easier if you have a family network behind you. Not always plain sailing .... if you read posts on here, you will read of families too busy to help, who feel guilty and just seem to criticise and question. I don't have family around me either. They live "down South" but even if I di...
I think you should take OH with you ... to demonstrate the problem ....!

Melly1
we moved to where we are now 3 years ago , my autisitic daughter doesnt have any friends , i thought i did till i was the one that needed help. we are alone. Hi, I do know what you mean. Amazing how people say, "Let me know if I can do anything to help," the occasion comes and you really do need he...
<t>Booksey this is difficult isn't it. <br/> <br/> Can you think of anyone who can have a quiet word with him (that isn't you) ie a mate/male relation etc<br/> <br/> He'd probably feel a bit better in himself if he wasn't so riffy!<br/> <br/> The alternative is you let him sleep in the spare room et...
<t>All depends on the young person's needs doesn't it, S benefits from rent-a-friends too, (though not always easy to find, as he had to attend a school where most of the pupils were boarders and all had special needs.) Paying means the young person takes their responsibility of keeping their friend...
<t>Hi Charmain, it is easy to get depressed as a carer and even easier if your caree (who you spend all your time with) is depressed too.<br/> <br/> Have you looked at the Ways to tackle a low mood" (or words to that effect) thread - it helps me when I need it; so does talking, getting out in the fr...
<t>Hi Mr Turk, caring IS highly stressful - big responsibility, long hours, no breaks; no wonder carers get sick. <br/> <br/> Caring has caused me stress and anxiety and exhaustion. The stress had given me problems with my shoulders and neck - too tense. When I do get a break, I often burst into tea...
Hi Pat and welcome. I don't have experience of dementia - my caree has autism. I juggle work and caring - has pros and cons. Sounds like you have got your hubby well covered whilst you take a break - I think you should go for it! Being brutally honest, dementia gets progressively worse and you will ...