[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Gillian and welcome, I totally agree with what Myrtle says.<br/> <br/> Also when you get back from your hols (think postively) fight to have your 40 hours back - 40 hours are 40 hours and if the care service that used to be commissioned to provide them is no longer doing so - ask for someone e...
<t>Hi Susie, when my hip was so bad and I could only walk a short distance very slowly on crutches - I hired a scooter - and it made life bearable. Post op I used it too. As my "new" hip got stronger and I could walk longer and faster - S and I used to go out for walks. I'd set off on the scooter an...
Welcome Scattybrain and David.

I agree with Bertiebear, the ripple affect is pertinent to lots of us. I care for S and his autism - both our lives are affected daily by autism.

Melly1
<t>I am sure there are a few claimants who are fraudulent (sp?) but the majority are genuine claimants. The number of upheld appeals indicates how the ESA test is failing. Also the Access to Work budget has been majorly slashed and this is the very support many disabled people returning to work need...
Hi Jessica, welcome. Keep up the good work!

Melly1

PS you should consider having "search inside" function enabled on Amazon - so nosey folk (like me!) can take a look inside!
<t>HI Charmaine,<br/> <br/> feeling lonely and isolated seems very much a part of caring. I didn't realise and though it was just me (who had a shrinking social life,) until I came on here.<br/> <br/> Pop onto roll call and join in with the daily chat, it is like catching up by the coffee machine!!<...
Hi Peter pan,

(sorry to gatecrash your thread Milene)

I strongly advise you to join arthritis care forum, it is great for support. I have OA and it has been of great help to me.

Melly1
Hi Peter Pan,

I know exactly what you mean - most of my stress comes not from caring for S but all the other professionals involved. In fact right this moment they are making life very stressful. Enjoy the moment, because transition time is one hell of a battle ...

Melly1
<t>Hi Kazanddek, <br/> <br/> I care for S who is 19 and autism and I work 4 days a week teaching children with special needs. Sounds like we both have busman's holidays! Work is hard, but I do know what you mean, a chance to focus on something/someone else, all absorbing and a break from caring ... ...
<t>HI Katherine,<br/> <br/> juggling caring and working fulltime is no mean feat. You will soon realise on this forum that you are not alone. Even though we all have different circumstances, many of our issues and problems are similiar. It is good to share with those who do know what we are going on...