[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Susan, I don't have personal experience of social prescribing but saw a documentary / news report about it. I thought it sounded good for those struggling with loneliness, mental health issues, lack of confidence or social networks. The people I saw were benefiting from activities such as volunteeri...
David, sounds like taking yourself off to another room was a good plan.

I'm fortunate to not have felt such strong dislike of a family member; however I have felt like that about a previous narcissistic boss. Fortunately, I was able to leave and move on, not so easy when the person is family.

Melly1
Hi Rob, Sorry I’m not a Dad! But can identify with how second nature living an autism friendly lifestyle becomes - until it become the norm in your household. Is your wife aware of your suspicions that she might be on the spectrum? Assessment and recognition of autism in girls and women is in vogue ...
Old topic, locked, usual reasons.
Thanks Greta,

Not the first carer to visualise beheading a social worker!!

I have taught a couple of children with Smith Magenis syndrome - both lovely girls, big personalities and complex needs.

Melly1
Londonbound, sounds a dreadful experience. I hope you are able to get some rest in between helping your wife, and start to feel better soon. I must say though it's not just down to Covid; when S and I have been in hospital in the past there weren't enough staff then either. Patients waiting for pain...
Old thread, locked.
Ouch! That's an interesting question Fatlani. I think that is a question for the helpline or Martin Lewis. You can email us at adviceline@carersuk.org and we will respond to your enquiries within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner. Our telephone helpline providing information is open f...
Hi Alexandru, I agree it's your choice. However, if you applied to care for my relative I would choose to give the job to someone who has been vaccinated. I suspect the majority of the carers on here would feel the same. If you were looking for support in your decision, you have come to the wrong pl...