[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Oh well done. Us carers often have to be detectives.

Melly1
BB, we haven't received that leaflet, but I found this online https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults#further-information Is this the same as the one you are referring to? I can't find any information about le...
Hi Rosie,
unless you are worried what he might do if left alone, I would take the children and go to your Mum's this weekend. It will benefit all of you.

Melly1
Jo,
In theory social care should review her care needs, however often it is the care agency that alert social care that a person’s needs are increasing.

Melly1
Hi Jo,

For her wishes to be overridden it would need to be either for safeguarding or because she was assessed to no longer have mental capacity - and a best interests meeting would ultimately decide whether she needed to move into residential care.

Melly1
Dean,

You can check this here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... h-55045639

Keep doing what you are doing to keep safe until you are called.

Melly1
Londonbound,

I agree with Penny, I would ask for a different counsellor. I can't see how it can work if you mentally prepare and then the appointment doesn't go ahead.

Melly1
Maybe have some stock answers ready, so you don't have to think of them.

Do you have any support with him i.e. a befriended/sitter/paid carer so that you can leave him at home and go out on your own for a bit (not that there is anywhere much to go at the moment.)

Melly1
Hi Janet, perhaps he can't remember going the toilet and so is stuck in a permanent loop. If this is the case, it should be a passing (if limiting phase.) As it's not a genuine need, would it work to say, oh ok love, I'll pull over to the next toilet we see. Others will be along with more suggestion...