[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Pipsy,

its my understanding that the DP must be spent on meeting the needs identified in the Needs assessment. Therefore, as BB said on a previous thread, you need to check with social services about what you can spend the money on.

Melly1
Hi Flo, I'm sorry to hear your Forum is closing down. A few years ago another carer's forum closed and some of their members joined Carers Uk. I think new carers would be very welcome at Carers UK and see no issue with telling others on your old forum about us. However, if you want to check with Adm...
Hi Marie,

sorry to hear about your husband's recent diagnosis.

That must be very hard on you both.

Melly1
Baba,

we don't make the rules!! I think the reasoning is that they often go from home to home and therefore are more likely to spread Covid between multiple households than a family carer.

But either way most priority group 6 carers who want the vaccine have had a least one by now.

Melly1
Hi Dandelion, You have to do what is right for you. There are others on here who have family members with BPD, hopefully they will be along. Is your partner vulnerable? If so, have you let someone know e.g. his family or social services. I'm guessing he doesn't have any mental health professionals i...
result!!

Well done for not giving up.

Melly1
Hi Jackie,
Are you referring to PIP? If so yes, of course. Why do you ask?

Melly1
Carly, I don't quite get this. I think you should contact the helpline so you can talk it through. You can email us at adviceline@carersuk.org and we will respond to your enquiries within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner. Our telephone helpline providing information is open from Mond...
If there isn't a DOLS in place then they can't stop her leaving. However, it could be that there is one in place and due to inefficiency it wasn't sent to you or the care home. If the regulations re mental capacity assessment and applying the DOLS haven't been followed, then the legal representative...
Hi Gutpreet,
I didn’t know either but found this https://www.ndti.org.uk/assets/files/St ... ow_res.pdf

Although it’s written for a particular council, it explains the principles.

Melly1