[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Will be thinking of you all, and will join Susie in a "wee wordie at my kitchen sink".xx
Only just found this thread.

I am sure your son would not have been bothered if the title had been "Plan Z"......as long as it raises awareness and has the desired effect.

Very proud of you all and your achievements supporting Robert and his awareness campaign.xx
The scottish system is so easy, and the staff so friendly and helpful. Could not fault the service we received from them either.xx
I recently enquired about a letter a friend had received about a late relative`s overpayment and was told the same thing. They can politely ask, but will not persue the request if it is ignored. In this case there was no partner to have shared a bank account, which had been closed once the undertake...
They did the same when my late sister in law passed away. By the time they got in touch the bank account was emptied paying the undertaker and a part funeral payment grant had been paid. When I phoned about it the lady said although they send the letters there is no legal steps they can take to reco...
Our dreaded brown envelopes always arrive on a Saturday morning when there is nothing you can do about the contents. I no longer open them right away.....keep them until a Tuesday morning when I have time to deal with whatever is in them.xx
Hi Suzeee, No wonder life is getting you down. The carers helpline should be able to advise you which benefits you can claim. I live in Scotland and the rules here are different from the rest of the country, but there may be help available through social services for help with your partners personal...
Firstly, congratulations for winning your wife`s pip battle. If you phone up the CA office and explain to them you have made a genuine mistake (being a stressed carer they will understand) and may be able to sort out a retrospective claim for you. I always find the staff at CA and DLA office easier ...
Dad is in sheltered housing and the helpcall is part of that scheme. It is paid for along with warden services and rent to the council. This year as well as part housing benefit dad was eligible for a discretionary housing allowance to help cover the extra increase. Not sure if this is a scottish th...
Hi Matty, I remembered you posting ages ago and often wondered what life had thrown at you. So sad your mum has passed away. Please take comfort knowing she is in a better place where she feels no pain and her mind is not muddled. She will live on always in your heart and in your head. My mum died i...