[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Of course its wrong. But the NHS is just so under-resourced that everything is time limited. It's unhelpful, it's short-sighted but... I have found that there is sometimes some flexibility with some things. So it may be worth pleading. But surely you wont be left in the lurch? They must refer you on...
No, that sounds like you have given the anti-psychotics a good go. There are others I think - and of course clozapine - but your son is unwilling to engage so I guess that isn't really an option. If you could afford it and your son would be willing, a consultation with a good private psychiatrist mi...
My heart goes out to you. My son's illness is similar, at an earlier stage but not nearly as difficult to deal with. I would first like to echo what MrsAverage has said - that the mental health system is not good and many people are being ill served by it. And I would agree with you that medicine is...
No question my son - who has so far not been diagnosed as schizophrenic but has been psychotic (improving now) for nearly two years - is worse at home than anywhere else. With strangers or people he wants to impress, he can be almost normal if he is in a good mood. With me, he barely lifts his eyes ...
Sorry things are so bad. I hope you feel better today.
My local Carers support group offers counselling. I dont know if this is typical but if you have a local support group, they may offer something. They may well have a carers group which may lead to some useful information? Also, my son's Early Intervention Centre referred me to https://www.healios.o...
I don't know if this applies to you at all Debra but my son was discharged from an EIS on the grounds that he wouldn't engage with them (not really true but that's another story). When I was worried about him a few months later, the Crisis Team contacted the EIS again and - new academic year, all ch...
Thanks to all of you. Everyone is right in what they say - and it helps to hear it - and from people who understand. Jenny you aren't being cruel and insensitive. What you say is right and relevant. It's just that my culpability and the silliness (in my view) of society's current tolerance towards "...
This is just a rant - quite a long one. It's been a very long haul for my 21-year old son with drug-induced psychosis. It has taken maybe 18 months for him to be taking the medications he needs. During that time he may well have had a second psychotic episode which considerably worsened his conditio...
I'm so sorry to hear this Steph. I have no experience of this so can't really help. But you can keep badgering the PICU for more information can't you? And what about your GP? Could he/she help? Professionals find it harder to ignore doctors... Also, horrible though it all sounds, your son does need...