[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Very sorry to hear of your loss, JustthisGuy, a very difficult time for you. When my mum died, I seem to recall that the bank insisted on seeing the original death certificate. I would check with them first. However, no urgency, be kind to yourself and take one job at a time. Thinking of you, Anne x
Well, excellent news that she has agreed to a care home. Even the fact that she is considering it is positive. Maybe she could be persuaded to go there "for a rest" or because the doctor said she needs convalescence. I used both reasons myself. As for the viewing of the room, be ready to stress how ...
Vicky, I can only echo Bowlingbun's words. Remember why she went in the first place. Guilt comes as part of the package, unfortunately. Whenever my mum mentioned gonig home (and sometimes she meant her childhood home), I blamed the doctors! Insist that she stays a bit longer etc etc. especially in t...
Hi Violet, So sorry to hear about your husband. Yes, early days indeed. You have cared for him so long and your thoughts been occupied by him, wherever he was living, that it is natural to feel like this. Be kind to yourself. The cornonavirus makes things doubly hard. The paperwork will wait, just t...
Hi Jason, I understand that you don't want to know how the disease progresses. In any case, every person is different and reacts in different ways. The only advise I will give, having been through this with my mum, is to agree with what your dad says, even if it is rubbish, and try to distract him a...
Hi, Yes, a good article but may give false hope to some, as indeed has Martin Lewis. There is no obligation, for example, for employers to take someone back who had already handed in their notice or started after 28 Feb. At present, the Government support lasts until 31 May but is likely to be exten...
Hi,

Carers UK has put some guidance on this subject on its main website:

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... s-guidance

although I am not sure anyone has all the answers yet.
So sorry for your loss, Broostine. She is at peace now. As you say, everyone is different. I also went back to work quickly after the loss of each parent. In a sense, I parked my problems at the door and found work a distraction. Whatever works for you. Thinking of you at this difficult time, Anne x
You did exactly the right thing, Yasmine. Now that she is being looked after in hospital, it would be an excellent time for you to visit some nursing homes. You will then know what is available in your area if you need one.

Thinking of you, a very difficult time for you x
Hi Yasmine, Yes frequently a UTI does affect mobility. However, in my mum's case, she eventually was unable to walk. As the dementia gets worse, the brain no longer sends a signal to the legs to work. This may not be the case for you but it is a possibility, unfortunately. As for how you cope, the s...