[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Fiona, I am so sorry to hear about your parents and the dreadful year you are having. I can only say that you have come to the right place to vent, let off steam and hopefully get some practical advice too. I understand a bit of what you are going through as my mum was diagnosed with ovarian c...
Hi Angelblu, I know that problem and, as Myrtle suggested, I find the keysafe very useful. My mother does not have the code Image but I do and so does the neighbour and carers. Good luck - never easy working and caring . . .
Welcome John, Yes, forms and social services access quite ridiculous. I too am caree for 84 yr old mother who broke hip so I understand some of the sagas you are going through. Some of the things I had to fight for were physio to get walking again, appointment for built-up shoes as operation was com...
<t>Welcome Teresa, There are lots of us out here going through the same thing. I too work full-time while caring part-time for my mum. The only thing you can be sure of is guilt that you are not doing enough in work coupled with not spendingenough time at home. Unfortunately we can't be cloned. Char...
<t>Hi Bossy Boots, Just to say welcome and we do understand here exactly what you mean. I don't think there is an easy answer but this forum helps to have a rant!! I often wish I could be nicer to my mother, and stop snapping. Before caring, I think I used to be nice. In many ways, I was a different...
<t>Sorry, both. I should have checked first. I had the same problems last night at my branch of Boots and am waiting for them to call me back once they have checked with Head Office. Not much point them advertising this if they do not inform the branches! Apologies again for the wild goose chase . ....
Not sure if this is of use to anyone (I like a freebie!) but just in case

http://www.boots.com/wcsstore/cmsassets ... oucher.pdf
<t>Hi, Alison, you have my admiration. I can only imagine caring for gran plus young children. I personally feel a mother is quite enough to cope with. It's very true that as they get old, they get crafty. My mum "falls asleep" when certain people visit, especially her youngest sister! At first it w...
<t>Welcome, Linda, I understand entirely. I am still trying to live my life while caring for mother. Your comments re relatives is a sore point at the moment. My mother's brother (who visits max twice a year) has just suggested to her that she should not live alone and that I should move in. This is...
<t>Hi Patricia, welcome from another daughter caring for mother. I do understand the worries of having medical problems yourself while caring for someone else. I had chicken pox earlier this year which was a nightmare. To fall ill, with no-one else to look afte caree, is my worst fear. Don't worry a...