Welcome Jill; you will find lots of friends here and also the opportunity for a rant when you need one, as we all do. Mandy, I love the idea of a week's memory loss - no caring, no worries, no thoughts of caree at all (sorry, mum!). Sign me up now Image
<t>1. How do you know when you are stressed? How does it impact you? <br/> I get snappy, tearful and occasional panic attacks.<br/> <br/> 2. Are there any ways in which your levels of stress impact on your loved one? <br/> It makes her feel guilty and the more she apologises, the worse I feel<br/> <...
<t>Hi Karen, Welcome to the Forum. I am on this Forum, precisely because I don't want to bore my friends with my mum problems. You are right, unfortunately, that friends do not understand the endless last-minute cancelations for medical emergencies etc unless they have been in the same situation the...
Hello Pushpa and welcome to the Forum, Lots of advice, info and support on here so you have come to the right place. http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif I agree with Audrey though; you need professional advice on benefits as the system is so complicated. Carers UK advice line is good place...
<t>Hi Alison, Welcome to the Forum. Like you, I look after my mum (and her elderly senile cat, Havey, and like you, miss the freedom I once had. I too am the sole carer which makes it very difficult. The forum is my lifeline to people who understand. Once upon a time, I was a keen traveller and coul...
<t>Hi Fiona, I am so sorry to hear about your parents and the dreadful year you are having. I can only say that you have come to the right place to vent, let off steam and hopefully get some practical advice too. I understand a bit of what you are going through as my mum was diagnosed with ovarian c...
Hi Angelblu, I know that problem and, as Myrtle suggested, I find the keysafe very useful. My mother does not have the code Image but I do and so does the neighbour and carers. Good luck - never easy working and caring . . .
Welcome John, Yes, forms and social services access quite ridiculous. I too am caree for 84 yr old mother who broke hip so I understand some of the sagas you are going through. Some of the things I had to fight for were physio to get walking again, appointment for built-up shoes as operation was com...
<t>Welcome Teresa, There are lots of us out here going through the same thing. I too work full-time while caring part-time for my mum. The only thing you can be sure of is guilt that you are not doing enough in work coupled with not spendingenough time at home. Unfortunately we can't be cloned. Char...
<t>Hi Bossy Boots, Just to say welcome and we do understand here exactly what you mean. I don't think there is an easy answer but this forum helps to have a rant!! I often wish I could be nicer to my mother, and stop snapping. Before caring, I think I used to be nice. In many ways, I was a different...