[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Tony, Sorry to hear about your sister. Yes, the GP is the best starting point. If the GP refuses to deal with any relatives because of patient confidentiality, (This happened to me with my mum), they may be prepared to read a letter from you. Brain scans can detect vascular dementia. The memory t...
Hi Karen, And welcome to the Forum. In addition to all of the above, do you have Power of Attorney? If not, I would get this done very fast before it is too late. My mum had Alzheimers / Vascular Dementia and I managed to get a lawyer to draw up PofA paperwork. Mum had to sign and claim she understo...
Welcome to the Forum, Ian. A dreadful time for you and your family. In my case, I described it to my mum as a "convalescent home" until she felt better. Many people with dementia say they want to go "home" but they are referring to their childhood home. I too hated the idea but sometimes our loved o...
Hi WorriedDD, Sorry to hear about your father and the situation you find yourself in. I was in a very similar situation some years back with my mum. Do NOT allow him to be sent home. Stand your ground. As Melly says, there will need to be a best interests meeting at the hospital and the main issue w...
Mmm, a difficult one, Jo. I wonder if sticky notes on the desktop would work https://uk.pcmag.com/windows0-2/86739/how-to-use-sticky-notes-as-reminders-in-windows-10 Alternatively, the non-technie version which I used to use with my mum is the wipe off board. I used this to remind mum what time I wa...
Hah, I lost years searching for things. Mainly in bins but frequently stuffed behind the sofa, knickers behind the radiator and hearing aids wrapped in tissues and then binned.

In your case though they are larger objects so more difficult to hide ....
Small booklets on all aspects of mental health but free and might be useful to some:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-sup ... al-health/
James, You have the rights to request time off for dependents but unfortunately your employer is not legally bound to agree to it. You have the right to "reasonable" time off in emergencies but there is no legal definition of what is reasonable. Unless your employer agrees to the contrary, the time ...
Nikki, I could have written your post about 5 or 6 years ago. In my own experience, and yours may be different, anaesthetic did cause the dementia to worsen. In any case it is a degenerative awful disease. In my mum's case it was dementia plus a broken leg. You will not know for sure the outcome for...