[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi all. I'm not sure if this is suitable for the forum and if it is, if it's in the right bit.. http://dev.carersuk.org/j3/images/icon_confused.gif Maybe someone will have some experience and can advise me. Daughter suffers occasional..well..don't know what they are really. Reddish lumps like a larg...
Hi, just wanted to add my tuppence worth to this. I have no experience of live web chats but have used the chat facility on my anxiety forum in the past and would like to exercise a wee note of caution. They can indeed be very helpful for those that are isolated but I would advise that it would have...
<t>Hi, I did do a search of posts but couldn't find what I was looking for.<br/> <br/> I know practically nothing about CRB checks but someone told me yesterday that they can only be carried out on people that have been resident in the UK for a certain period of time, more than 8 years. (Non UK nati...
<t>Hi and have some of these (((hugs)))<br/> <br/> Awful. Truly bureaucratic BS of the worst possible kind and to be totally honest, maybe you should set your sights elsewhere.<br/> <br/> No doubt someone somewhere will say this company are following correct procedure..I know of carers who fit the c...
Ladybird (edited) I havent got the faintest idea what you are talking about. Soft options ... I dont do maps or all that social worker stuff, I just ignore the negatives, focus on the positives and work on them. My son is perfectly capable of vetoing any of my fancy ideas, in fact I have been worki...
[quote]We have always avoided special schools, and that has meant that my son has been challenged at every turn to struggle to make his own way in society - he is not specially gifted, (bottom 1% IQ according to one educational psychologist) but I have always pushed physical fitness hard] I am findi...
Hi Daylily

I don't know how I would cope..it must indeed be heartbreaking.

Glad to hear your granddaughter is with you, kiddies can lift even the saddest heart. Image
<t>Can work be combined with caring? I don't believe there is a definitive answer to this although I guess you would disagree with me. <br/> <br/> As you say, no two carers are alike and some of us do not have family back up, do not have good health and have practically no access to outside services...
Glenda Jackson
Although not on the grand scale of others here (no OU for me!) back in 2005 I did a course in a foreign language. What started off as a 12 week course ended up as 3 years and with a GCSE at the end of it..not essential but a nice little bonus. http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif That 3 hou...