Is there plenty of space elsewhere for the careworkers to sort the clothes? If so, I agree it's an odd place to do it and as they provide a service for you, then I expect they won't make the same mistake again. Regarding other people's habits, I too have raised a large family. I never thought once a...
I would echo Susie, the old advice to eat plenty of starchy carbs is seriously outdated but unfortunately is still trotted out by the NHS. They also state there is no need for self monitoring of blood glucose levels but how else does one know which foods cause the BG levels to rise? All that is offe...
Thanks for the replies. I've been down to the local college and although they only state benefits like income support mobility etc as qualifying carers allowance does also count. You can only do fairly low level courses but I'm going to try and GCSE French which should be fun and do like going on h...
I totally agree with Starfish, thanks Steph. These issues are close to my heart and unless experienced, people often don't understand how hard it can be. I'm in a bit of a dark place myself at the moment so best not to sign up for anything but I'm sure it will be helpful for people - we know that no...
Hi Starfish. This isn't an area that I'm familiar with but I totally agree with you, I think the fact there is no accessibility for those who need it is totally wrong. I'm sure someone will have some ideas but in the meantime, I'm wondering if it's worth contacting CQC for advice? If it is registere...
Hello fellow carers, I was reading this article today https://www.homecarework.co.uk/resource65/1.html and I feel that's how we feel and we are finally making the employers understand we know our rights. What do you guys think? Are you a carer or a careworker Sussana? Just curious, of course you ma...
For whatever reason, sometimes people just don't want to talk and I think we have got to respect that, even if it makes us feel uncomfortable. It would be nice if everybody was up to speaking or even just greeting but hey - ho, there is always somebody else to smile at. Jenny, the issue I have with ...
Hi Lian

Although your offer wouldn't apply to my caring situation, I just wanted to say how kind it is of you to think of others at a time like this. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, look after yourself and do please use the forum if it can be of any help to you at all.

Take care.
I now live in Norfolk, in a largish village by the sea, a very "dog friendly" area. I'm not a pet owner (severe allergies) but notice most people I see do make eye contact and exchange a "good morning". I'm a Londoner, from the areas that you hear all the bad stuff about and I think there is relucta...
I'm listening Tracie. I'll be away for a while, I have a difficult anniversary tomorrow which is making me low so I need toa wee break, also I'm going to be away from home so not easy to check into the forum. Hopefully there will be some others with ideas too, maybe help you to move forward

Xx