Hi Laura. As carers, we speak openly on this forum about our lives, issues we have with those we care for - there is no subject that is "off limits". I think you will find that we do not get "upset" as we deal with often distressing situations every day, so I'm sure you could post openly for the adv...
This seems a bit cryptic - who are "we"? Who would you be raising funds for? Are you a carer yourself, it doesn't appear so from what you've written? Call me cynical but a first post that talks about fund raising then asks for people to contact them by PM makes me automatically suspicious. If the pu...
Sorry to hear that but it's certainly not always a death sentence Tracie. It depends on the type, size of tumour, if there is spread somewhere else.. There are lots of variables.
I hear you Scott and I'm sure your feelings of anger are shared by the majority of carers. Unfortunately, some cannot take the time off, it just isn't possible (especially in cases where there is medical need as well) - there isn't anybody who can take over the care. Believe me, I wish it were diffe...
Hi Karen. It's not easy when the emotion battles with the logic, is it? Guilt is something that most of us deal with, they're "ours", therefore our responsibility - we love, so we feel we need to care, it seems the right thing to do. What I would say though is that love can get in the way of doing w...
No, I don't think it is xx
What action are you considering Scott?
Elaine, I didn't want to leave your post unanswered, I'm sure someone with more expert advice will be along soon. My late mum didn't have dementia but exhibited the same kind of behaviours that you mention as she was approaching the end of her life. I think it's important that you are considering ho...
Lesley, I'm just about to go for my driving lesson but wanted you to know your post has been read and responded to. I also have a 25 yr old, different condition but someone who was almost impossible to place in a residential setting. She has not lived with us now since 2011 but if it's ok, I will dr...
Interesting and though provoking question Hazel. I agree about love being a major factor but also think responsibility figures just as highly. We have many here, the majority, that care through love but would we do it if responsibility were not in the equation? We also have carers who look after par...