[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Christine, I do hope that you've managed to get him out by now. It is completely ridiculous that it should be such a battle to get someone out of your own home. As the others have said, no doubt SS are hoping that you'll cave and that until you force the issue they'll prevaricate. All the best. Emma
I'm glad you're getting some help. My son has multi-sensory impairment, global development delay and learning disability. According to assessment last year by developmental vision clinic at GOSH last year, he was at about 2-2.5 yrs. I think he has come on massively since starting school. Does your s...
Hi Claire It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. Are you getting all the support and benefits you're entitled to - DLA for your son, carers allowance for you, and possibly attendance allowance/DLA/PIP for your mother? Are you getting any you time? My son is 6 and has chromosome-6q deletion s...
Well done, Christine. Now you and your child can get on with your lives.
Dear Carla (?) You certainly have your hands full. Yes, I'm surprised that none of the medics involved in your care (and your mother's) have not suggested a carer's assessment, but unfortunately often we have to be proactive about things, even if we don't know about them! I would certainly ask for a...
Dear Julie - I'm with you. Luckily my son has a carer with him during weekdays in the holidays, but it's still a 2-person job to get anywhere as I can't drive with him in the car without someone sitting in the back with him. He has a tracheostomy, so needs someone trachy-competent with him 24/7. So ...
Jenny - there really is no need to apologise. You have every right to let of steam on here, as do we all. We're all dealing with different issues, but that doesn't mean that some have more right to vent than others. I don't know how you do it, especially as it's not a loved one, but your MIL. As som...
Samantha - there is a big difference with dealing with such issues as a family support worker, where you can clock off at the end of the day, and dealing with them in your own family. No wonder you want to head to a beach. As Bowlingbun said, you are disabled by association and your employers are ob...
Buckinghamshire are launching a 'carers discount card' too. Carers Bucks have organised a number of events, one of which was a cream tea on Tuesday where our carers choir performed a showcase of the songs we have been working on. It went surprisingly well, my friend who came along was in tears (in a...
I'm sorry to hear that, Rosie. There's a thread with a link to a guide to appealing a PIP assessment: http://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/carer-and-disability-benefits/advice-on-how-to-win-a-pip-appeal-26082 If the link doesn't work (I'm not sure how to paste it properly, it was posted ...