[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm so glad for you Christine. As you say, time to enjoy and focus on you and your child. You did your very best, and went above and beyond so you have nothing to reproach yourself for. Well done for not giving up.

All the best.

Emma
Dear K (If I may call you that) I don't really have any practical advice, but wanted to let you know that I had read your post and that I'm sending you moral support and hugs. I don't have time for a long reply as I've got to take over from my son's carer very soon, so maybe more later. However, I d...
I'm glad my words have been some reassurance to you. I'm glad you're getting away to your auntie's. I'm glad you've got someone on your side. If you're mother is hopeless with money, then even more reason not to give her any of yours. As for having to do 2-hr trips to walk to the shops, that's ridic...
Dear Ryan I'm sorry but it's completely outrageous that your mother is claiming your carers allowance, it is for you. She has no claim on it. If she wants you to look after her she should appreciate all that you have given up for her, and be glad that you are getting a paltry pittance from the state...
By the way, carers allowance is as the name suggests for the carer not the caree, so any money that you receive would be for your personal use. It's not a huge amount, but every little helps. I have a feeling you could report your grandfather to DWP for fraud if he is claiming it and he is not the o...
Dear Ryan I'm afraid I can't offer any concrete advice, but just wanted you to know that I have read your post and my heart goes out to you. You're in a terrible situation, and I can't believe that the people who should be helping you seem to be making things worse. It really sounds like some how yo...
It's not ideal, as you have to wait until Monday, but at least you know that the end is in sight. I can't believe that the local authority won't help.

Hope all goes well on Monday.

All the best.

Emma
Wishing you well for tomorrow. It's ridiculous that it should be such a battle for you. We're all willing you on.

All the best.

Emma
Eun - is there any chance that the hospital would arrange an ambulance transfer to take Rob to Rachel House? When our son was in GOSH for over 11 months, they insisted we went home for a 'practice' night (how ridiculous, we'd been at home with him with a trachy for nearly a year before he was admitt...
Why on earth would they do it at 0100? For heaven's sake, if they had to do it, do it at a reasonable time of the day. It's not like they were arresting a drug dealer or murder suspect and it couldn't wait!