I second the suggestion to call back and keep going up the ladder until you speak to someone senior enough to make a sensible decision. I was told recently that as most private sector firms (not sure about public sector) record their calls the staff are not allowed to hang up on you. My friend said ...
I find it incredible that the police would expect you to move your car as it's in a clearly marked disabled bay. Surely regardless of who parked first that should take priority, especially if they have plenty of room to park on their own drive. It's disgraceful. It must be so stressful for you, on t...
To save confusion I'm wondering whether the subtitle at the top of the website should read: making life better for unpaid carers?
Hey, you're not alone, Glyn. Please don't give up. You'll find plenty of people to listen to you on here, even if sadly that is not so true in the 'real' world.

All the best.

Emma
Dear A Have you asked your GP or hospital consultant to do a referral for your daughter? It seems crazy that you're being turned down. My son is the same age as your daughter, so I know how tough life can be. We've been 'lucky' in that my son's medical condition means that we have always received su...
Dear friends, Health Minister Jeremy Hunt has a secret plan to force changes to local NHS services, to cut costs. The changes - called "sustainability and transformation plans" - are being kept secret. But they could mean cuts to hospital beds, local walk-in centres or family planning services near ...
Does the card include entry for a carer with the holder?
Dear Mezz

Keeping my fingers crossed that you have been able to get some support by now.

Emma
The NHS version is a Personal Health Budget (PHB).
I have no real advice to give you, but just wanted to let you know that I'd read your post and felt your pain. I can't imagine what you're going through, that's far too much for one person to have to deal with. I hope others will be along with more practical advice, but stay strong. Sending you big ...