Its a nice thought Audrey but panic and bedlam are the norm with me when it comes to anaesthetics,
Im already shaking at the prospect, it scares me to death.
<t>Thank you all.<br/> <br/> D day approaches and ive got the jitters again as per usual, I dont do well with anaesthetic so wont be around for a few days at least while I try to shake it off.<br/> Im a pain to knock out, to use the hospitals words "youve had enough to knock a rhino out and you are ...
<t>To look at me im probably the last person you would expect to be a carer (what does a normal carer look like anyway?) <br/> <br/> Ive met with the "dole dosser attitude" aswell and I always get really offended by it, im not a dole dosser im a carer, Im out of work because I HAVE to be in order to...
Thank you Thank you Thank You all. Mary from Crossroads (shame it wasnt Benny http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_lol.gif ) came to see me this morning, I am am now registered officially with them and they have arranged for a lady to come and be with Collette all day and over night too if needs be a...
<t>Fiona do you have any further info on Stoke UK please?<br/> <br/> It may be very usefull to us.<br/> <br/> I just hope to god crossroads are able to help when they come to see me in the morning, if not then I will have no choice but to postpone the op which really isnt a good idea. 12 ops since 2...
<t>Thanks guys<br/> I have been in touch with Crossroads, they are coming to see me in the morning but are already looking at who is available to come and be with Collette all day and possibly overnight on Friday in case I dont get allowed out as im a bit dodgy with anaesthetics.<br/> I will also be...
<t>On friday the 29th of this month I am going into the John Radcliffe for the 12th operation on my right ear after suffering cholasteatoma back in 2000, this means that I have to leave my wife (My caree) and my daughter for the day.<br/> <br/> My wife doesnt drive and my immediate family who live 1...
<t>Thanks Audrey<br/> <br/> Health Visitors do still exist but now we go to see them after the first few weeks.<br/> I take Charlotte to be weighed once a fortnight at the local childrens centre where our HV works from.<br/> <br/> I have non one to talk to about all this apart from here so thank you...
We have had a carers asessment and adaptions around the home to help after collette had the stroke, pointless me telling her cpn how it is as she doesnt think I should be at home full time anyway, she has no clue just how much I do during the course of a day.
<t>Yes, I managed to get hold of her and she came out thank god, Collettes sleeping pills have been changed to something a bit safer. CPN seemed off with me though and words to the effect of why cant I cope as her appointment is only a week away!<br/> <br/> She doesnt seem to realise Im only getting...